Phone and In-Person Advising
Discuss immigration matters with an ISSO advisor on the phone or in person. First-come, first-served during advising hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 10 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
To put yourself in a virtual queue*:
- Text “utdal intl” to 310-740-7906
- Register online at http://kiosk.qless.com
(userid: utdallas.intl.kiosk / password: qless)
- Call the ISSO at 972-883-4189 and ask to be placed in the advising queue
* Queues may close before the end of advising hours if they have already reached their maximum capacity and there are no more places available for that day.
Visit the Advising Options webpage.
Immigration Workshops and Seminars
|AEW Guide||Authorized Early Withdrawal (AEW) Guide|
|Change of Status to F-1 Guide||Change of Status to F-1 Guide|
|Economic Hardship Guide||Economic Hardship Guide|
|OPT Guide||Optional Practical Training (OPT) Guide|
|OPT STEM Guide||STEM Optional Practical Training (OPT) Guide|
|Transfer In Guide||Guide for International F-1 Transfer Students|
|Reinstatement of F-1 Status Guide||Reinstatement of F-1 Status Guide|
UT Dallas ISSO 2.0.0 app contains enhanced features to help you access key information to maintain your student immigration status and stay connected with the International Student Services Office (ISSO) at The University of Texas at Dallas.Highlighted features include:
- Homepage : Tell the time in Texas, whether the ISSO office is open, and show your pending checklists
- Announcements : Stay updated with announcements directly from ISSO and from ISSO’s Facebook page.
- How Do I : Find answers to often asked immigration questions and handy checklists to guide you through application processes
- iLocker : Store and easily access frequently used immigration document information such as I-94 numbers, I-20/DS-2019 end dates etc.
- Advising : Provide contact information for advising and access to the advising queue with just a few clicks!
- Settings and Search : Set up your search preference by student status (Prospective, Current and Alumnus)
Check out a quick demo to learn more about the app.
Download it today to have the ISSO information at your fingertips! Available for Android and iOS (smartphones and tablets).
The International Student Services Office (ISSO) is able to provide general immigration information, but we are not able to provide specific legal advice. Our obligation to UT Dallas F-1 and J-1 students is to interpret the regulations as best as we can when presented with a specific set of facts. Specific legal advice is available, should students seek such advice, through dedicated channels outside ISSO.
Attorney Services for Students
An immigration attorney is available on campus to provide free legal advice for currently enrolled UT Dallas students. These attorney services are sponsored by the UT Dallas Student Government. Contact Student Government to make an appointment.
AILA is the professional organization for immigration lawyers. Visit aila.org to find an immigration lawyer in your area who can assist with complicated immigration matters.
Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Advising available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
10 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
*Evening phone advising available by appointment only.
Email request to [email protected] 3 business days in advance.
Assistant Director, SEVIS Compliance and Technology
Assistant Director, Advising, Programs & Special Populations
International Student Advisors
Jacob Harris, Senior Advisor, Immigration Programs & Communications
Jin (Christina) Zhang, Senior Advisor, J and Special Populations
Maria Ochoa, Senior Advisor, Technology and Processing
- Office: 972-883-4189
- Fax: 972-883-4010
International Student Services
800 W. Campbell Rd., SSB34
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
Give Us Feedback
Your voice matters; we encourage you to tell us how we are doing.