Financial Documents for I-20
What to submit:
To request a UT Dallas I-20, submit the following to the International Student Services Office (ISSO):
How to submit
You can submit the above documents to the ISSO:
- In person — Submit to the ISSO during office hours.
- By mail — Additional electronic copies are not required.
International Student Services
The University of Texas at Dallas
800 W. Campbell Road, SSB34
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
- International Student Services
- By e-mail — Additional paper copies are not required.
- If you are a newly admitted student, e-mail your documents to ISSOProspective@utdallas.edu.
- If you are currently enrolled, e-mail your documents to ISSOCurrent@utdallas.edu.
- Verify that the total size of attachments in one e-mail is no larger than 5MB. Do not send files in compressed formats, such as .rar or .zip. Instead, use a PDF, JPEG or DOC format.
UT Dallas Financial Affidavit for F-1 Students
Most United States Consulates or Embassies will require original copies of all financial documents, including bank statements, when you apply for an F-1 visa, however you may submit copies to ISSO for the purpose of obtaining a UT Dallas I-20.
Indicate your name as it appears on your passport, your UTD ID and your date of birth in mm/dd/yyyy format.
Reason for Submitting Financial Affidavit
Student Financial Certification
Source of Financial Support
Sponsor Financial Certification
- copy of bank statement or letter,
- scholarship letter,
- UT Dallas assistantship letter, or
- government funding support letter.
All Use this section to determine the estimated annual cost of attendance, living expenses and health insurance. You must provide financial certification of the minimum amounts as part of the I-20 request process. If your situation varies from the estimate in this section, visit the ISSO Estimate expenses for I-20 webpage at http://www.utdallas.edu/isso/i20-expenses/These estimates are subject to change without prior notice; the exact costs of attendance will vary by student and will be determined at the point of course registration.
Supplemental Financial Support Document Requirements
If the Bank Certification part of the Financial Certification page of the UT Dallas financial affidavit is not completed by the bank, you can submit along with the UT Dallas financial affidavit form a bank statement or a bank letter. The bank statement or bank letter must have all of the requirements listed below. If any of the following elements is missing from your bank statement or bank letter, the document cannot be used for the I-20:
- The bank statement or bank letter must be on the institution letterhead.
- The account holder's name. The name must be written in English. The name must match the sponsor's name in the UT Dallas Financial affidavit.
- The last four digits of the account number (if applicable).
- The type of account. The account must verify liquid assets. If the type of the account is not clear on the statement, submit a letter from the bank clarifying the type of the account. The type of accounts that most commonly indicate liquid assets are: checking, savings, or deposit accounts.*
- The balance at the time of issuance. This may be in any currency; does not have to be in U.S. dollars.
- The date of issuance. The document cannot be used for the I-20 if at the time of evaluation more than 6 months have passed from the date the document was issued unless it is a deposit account which meets the requirements below.
- Deposit Accounts
- To be considered, the date of issuance of the document must be less than 6 months old.
- Loan Sanction Letters
- The letter must state that it is a "In Principle Sanction Letter"
- The amount of the loan cannot be variable.
- Solvency Statements
The only accepted parts are those which list a liquid asset/account and the exact balance at the time the statement was issued.
UT Dallas Scholarship or Assistantship Letter
- The letter must:
- have the student's full name,
- have a description of the award and the amount, including the period of time when it is effective,
- be signed by the institution or UT Dallas academic department representative, and
- be on the institution letterhead.
- Health insurance coverage is assumed to be only for the student, unless the letter specifies that it covers spouse and/or child(ren)
- If the award letter requires the student to choose acceptance options (ie, student may choose to accept at Teaching Assistantship only, or a Teaching Assistantship plus a stipend, etc), we must have the signed copy of the award letter
- Where the award letters have contingent awards for future semesters we will only consider the awards for the fall and spring semesters, not the summer. (for example, "Renewal of the assistantship for spring and summer semesters will be determined by student performance and availability of funds)
If your education is being sponsored by a business, not an individual you must provide:
- A letter from the owner of the company on company letterhead. This letter must affirm that the signatory of the letter is the business and that business funds will be used for the purposes of sponsoring the education of the student. The student must be named in the letter.
- The company must also provide a bank letter or statement that conform to the requirements above
UT Dallas Financial Affidavit for F-2 Students
Submit this form only if you have dependents coming to, or remaining in the U.S., or if you wish to remove your dependents from your SEVIS F-1 record.
Select the F-2 action requested
Use this section to determine the estimated annual cost of attendance, living expenses and health insurance. You must provide financial certification of the minimum amounts as part of the I-20 request process. If your situation varies from the estimate in this section, visit the ISSO Estimate expenses for I-20 webpage at http://www.utdallas.edu/isso/i20-expenses/These estimates are subject to change without prior notice; the exact costs of attendance will vary by student and will be determined at the point of course registration.