Immigration Document Verification
In order to meet the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) arrival document reporting requirement, all new F-1 and J-1 visa students must submit a copy of their immigration documents to the International Student Services Office (ISSO).
Documents to Submit
F-1 and J-1 visa students
- Form I-20/DS-2019 signed by you at the bottom of page one
- F-1 visa
- Form I-94
Form I-20 (F visa) and Form DS-2019 (J visa)
Your UT Dallas Form I-20/DS-2019 is not valid until you sign page one. Submit a signed copy to the ISSO by email or regular mail (see above). You will maintain a valid, up-to-date Form I-20/DS-2019 throughout your stay in the U.S.
A valid, unexpired visa is required to travel to the U.S. Submit a copy of the visa page in your passport to the ISSO by email or regular mail (see above).
The I-94 is issued through the port of entry in the U.S. Depending on where you enter the U.S. you will be given a white card or told to obtain your I-94 information online. Either version is valid.
- Card – If you receive a white card, submit a copy of the front and back to the ISSO.
- Electronic – If you receive a stamp in your passport but no card, obtain your I-94 information at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94.* Submit a copy of the information you access online to the ISSO. (See How to Submit Documents.).
*To request your I-94 online, you will be asked to complete a short form online. It will request passport information and arrival date. If you get an error message, try again using a different format of your name. For example, enter it as it appears in your passport, then as it appears on the U.S. visa. Print a copy of the I-94 for your records. You will need this for many uses, such as driver’s license and Social Security card applications. Be sure all the information is in English.
If the online information is incorrect or cannot be found, a visitor can obtain a new I-94 at the local Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Deferred Inspection office. The Dallas CBP office is located at D/FW airport, Terminal D, Level 1. You must call 972-456-2250 to set an appointment.
How to Submit Documents
The Form I-20/DS-2019 and visa copies can be sent prior to leaving your home country. The I-94 is issued through the port of entry in the U.S. You can send a copy of that document after arrival.
There are two methods of submission available:
Email copies to: [email protected]
- Use PDF, JPEG or DOC formats
- Submit your immigration documents by going to your iComet portal at iComet.utdallas.edu. Under the ‘Prospective Student’ category, select ‘Post-Arrival: Immigration Document Verification (IDV) Upload’ to upload and submit your immigration documents.