If you meet the eligibility requirements below you can apply for an extension of your DS-2019.
- You are in valid immigration status and making normal progress toward completing your educational objective.
- You have a valid reason for an extension:
- (indented) Compelling academic reason (such as research complications and added requirements).
- (indented) Documented medical reason (such as hospitalization or prolonged illness).
Submit the following documents to the ISSO at [email protected] or in person:
- A completed J-1 Student DS-2019 Request Form, found here http://www.utdallas.edu/isso/forms/, signed by your academic advisor if for an academic reason.
- Proof of financial support for the length of the extension for yourself and any dependents.
- Processing time is 5 business days. You will be sent an email when the extended I-20 is ready for pickup.
If your DS-2019 was issued by another program sponsor, you must contact them to learn the process for extending your DS-2019.