On-campus employment options depend on where the work is physically located and who the employer is.

  • On-campus, employed by UT Dallas
  • On-campus, employed by campus commercial firms
  • At the site of an organization educationally affiliated with UT Dallas, employed by UT Dallas (requires written authorization)


  • Valid F-1 status
  • Valid, unexpired Form I-20  from UT Dallas
  • Full-time enrollment in fall and spring semesters, or authorization from ISSO to enroll less than full time
  • No special authorization on the I-20 is required if working on campus for UT Dallas or select companies providing services to students, e.g.UT Dallas University Bookstore, UT Dallas Dining Services

Employment Details

  • New and transfer students may begin on-campus employment up to 30 days prior to the program start date on the Form I-20
  • Cannot work on campus after the completion of program requirements
  • Must physically work at the UT Dallas campus unless ISSO provides written permission for off-site employment at an educationally affiliated organization
  • May be part-time (1-20 hours each week) during the fall and spring semesters
  • May be part-time (1-20 hours each week) or full-time (21 or more hours each week) during the summer and other official school breaks only for continuing students

Find job openings through the Career Center.