Building Use Policy
Policy Updated: November 2017
By designating areas Quiet, Considerate, and Active, we attempt to balance preferences for individual work, research consultations, library transactions, and group study needs.
Quiet Study (Blue) Zone
Third and Fourth Floor
Silent study, no talking or socializing. Set cell phones to silent mode
Active Study (Green) Zone
First floor, Second floor, and individual study rooms
Interactive study with moderate talking allowed
- Please be considerate of others throughout the library, and, when talking, keep your voice to a reasonable level.
- Keep cell phones on silent mode throughout the library, and send and receive calls in the first floor and the second floor lobby.
- If there is noise in your study area that you believe to be excessive, you are encouraged to ask the noise maker(s) to be quiet. If you feel uncomfortable doing so or if the users refuse to cooperate, please report the disturbance to a library service desk on the second floor.
Food and Drink Policy Statement
- Be considerate of others when eating foods that are messy, noisy or aromatic/smelly.
- Covered beverages are permitted in most library study areas.
- Clean up after yourself. Alert library staff to spills that need attention.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Special Collections Department.
- No food deliveries in the library.
- Interpretation of all these guidelines is at the discretion of Library staff.
- Users that are non-compliant will be asked to relocate.