For research assistance, Ask a Librarian.
Books & Materials
- Course Reserves – Access books and other required readings professors have set aside for student use. (UTD users only)
- Interlibrary Loan – Request materials (books, articles, or media) not owned by UT Dallas libraries. (UTD users only)
- McDermott Library Streaming Media — view and download exclusive video, audio and eBook content. (UTD users only)
- Multimedia Center – Check out all of the media items the library has to offer. Headphones, calculators, cameras, DVDs, and more.
- OverDrive – downloadable eBooks & audiobooks. (UTD users only)
- UTD Bookstore — UTD’s on-campus University Bookstore
- Chronicle of Higher Education — includes job listings; UTD users may access the premium version for free
- Job & Career Accelerator — a career selection and job search tool, which includes resume and cover letter preparation. (UTD users only)
- UT Dallas Career Center — UTD’s employment resource page for students and alumni. Find job postings, seminar schedules, career expos, job resources and career-related websites
- UT Dallas Employment Opportunities — for faculty positions, staff positions and temporary (short-term) positions
- General Interest Databases — Access general subject online reference books, journal and magazine databases, and more. (UTD users only)
- LinkedIn Learning / Lynda — business, software, technology and creative learning platform. (UTD users only)
- Mango Languages — interactive language learning program featuring over 60 languages, including ESL (English as a Second Language) lessons. (UTD users only)
- Microsoft Translator — This web based tool allows you to translate information simply by entering text or a Web page URL into it.
- Tours — New to the library? Take one of our tours to see what we have to offer and find out what resources we have just for you.
Research & Writing
- APA Style Guide to Electronic References — This comprehensive yet succinct style guide offers up-to-date information on formatting electronic references in APA Style. (UTD users only)
- Business Communication Center (formerly Writing Lab) — writing and speaking skills lab located in and maintained by the UTD Naveen Jindal School of Management
- Chicago Manual of Style (UTD users only)
- Citation Resources – information about the many types of resources and search methods available to aid research.
- Copyright Resources — quick access to copyright resources on US Copyright Law, Fair Use, Instructor Exemptions, and University Copyright Policies.
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
- Plagiarism Tutorial – Instructional guide on what plagiarism is and tips on how to avoid it.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)– Covering academic writing, grammar and mechanics, research and citations (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.) and more in very clear and simple language
- Research Guides — Curated and Maintained by Eugene McDermott Librarians.
- Writing Center – Student Success Center’s on-campus writing and communication lab, offering workshops, writing resources, and in-person writing assistance and tutoring. Appointments made online.