Special Collections Fees & Services
For UTD Students, Faculty, and Staff ONLY using University Archives no fees apply.
For UTD Students, Faculty, and Staff ONLY using Special Collections prices are 1/2 of those listed in this schedule
It is the responsibility of each researcher to do his or her own research. It is the responsibility of the staff of Special Collections to aid the researcher by supplying the information necessary for the researcher to effectively use the resources maintained by this facility. If a researcher insists on using Special Collections staff to conduct research for them, the following fees will apply:
- First 30 minutes …………….Free
- Over 30 minutes ……………$30.00 per hour for a maximum of 4 hours
Note: First 30 minutes free does not apply if the first 30 minutes are exceeded.
When placing orders for photocopies, please use the Photocopy Request Form. Large orders will be assessed an hourly labor charge in addition to the normal fees. This includes microform reproductions. Please see Terms and Conditions at the end of this fee schedule.
All photocopying is processed by Special Collections staff*.
|Color Any Size||$1.00|
Any Size: $0.10
(done by staff)* : $0.10 per frame
When placing orders for scans, please use the Scanning, Video, and Audio Request Form. We offer reproductions of photographs, negatives, slides, and transparencies. Default output file is a single image (4X6 inches), TIFF file at 600 dpi. Digital correction of scanned images is limited to the correction of brightness and contrast if the condition of the image makes those corrections necessary and is included in the basic scanning fee. If further digital correction or manipulation is requested, fees will be on a per hour basis plus the charge for a normal scan. Rush fees will apply. Please note that all scans are done for IBM compatible PCs only. Please see Terms and Conditions at the end of this fee schedule. All scanning is processed by Special Collections staff*.
|Digital Correction||$50.00 (minimum hourly charge) plus $8.00 per scan|
|Large Format Items||$10.00 (minimum hourly charge) for image assembly|
Video and Audio Duplication
|Video Tape (VHS)||$15.00||DVD-R|
When placing orders for publications, please fill out Licensing Agreement.
Note: Publication fees do not apply to educational and non-profit organizations.
Note: Internet, Video, Film Medium, any kind of Printed Publication based on distribution. Prices are per image. Internet is
being considered Worldwide.
|Location||Number of images / Price per image|
|State/local||$25.00 ea.||$20.00 ea.||$15.00 ea.|
|Nationwide||$75.00 ea.||$65.00 ea.||$55.00 ea.|
|Worldwide||$100.00 ea.||$80.00 ea.||$70.00 ea.|
Note: Internet, Video, Film Medium, based on distribution. Prices are per second. Internet is being considered Worldwide.
|Location||Price Per Second|
Please see Terms and Conditions at the end of this fee schedule for Shipping and Handling, Rush Fees, and Use of DVD-R’s and CD-R’s.
$1.00 per page
Shipping and Handling (Minimum Charges)
|One day||adds 200% to the fee|
|Two days||adds 100% to the fee|
|Three days||adds 50% to the fee|
Methods of Payment
- Check or Money Order
- Credit Card:
- American Express
- Master Card
Payments from outside of the USA by credit card only.
To make a credit card payment online, please go to:
Terms and Conditions
- All forms must be signed and returned to the institution before requests are processed.
- All fees must be paid in advance before orders are processed.
- It is the patron’s responsibility to follow Copyright law. It is the patron’s responsibility to secure permission from Copyright holders on material that this institution does not own. The institution will make every reasonable effort to help determine copyright ownership.
- Turn around time for research requests is 5 days, but is dependent upon staff availability and request load.
- Extremely large orders may require additional shipping charges. Charges will be based upon rates listed by the United States Post Office.
- Large photocopy and microform orders requiring more than one hour to complete will be subject to a labor charge of $10.00 per hour in addition to the normal fees.
- The institution reserves the right to refuse to reproduce images from materials that meet the following conditions:
- Condition of the material is such that scanning or photocopying will damage the material.
- Material is too large to fit on the scanner or photocopier without damaging it.
- Material to which this institution does not own copyright and the use of that material can or may violate the “fair use” clause in the United States Copyright law.
- CD-Rs and DVD’s must be purchased from Special Collections, or if provided by the patron, must be in its original unopened packaging and must be inspected by a Special Collections staff member before it can be inserted into the PC.
*Patrons are not permitted to use electronic devices of any kind – for example hand held scanner, tablets, cell phones, or other
devices – that could be used for reproduction purposes.
**Sent as e-mail attachment depending on file size, or uploaded onto cloud server for download. No Shipping and Handling fees
apply for electronic formats. If sent by mail, add price for CD-R to Shipping and Handling.