The mission of the Special Collections Department is to:
- Collect, preserve, organize, describe, and make available for research, collections that fall within the scope of our collecting areas.
- Provide facilities for the retention and preservation of the records entrusted to us.
- Provide reference services to our patrons, both internal and external to the university in accordance with university guidelines.
- Serve as a resource to encourage scholarly research and to promote teaching and learning.
- Encourage the use of collections by members of The University of Texas at Dallas and the community at large.
Support the university’s mission.