Certificate of Diversity and Inclusion
In partnership with the International Center, Multicultural Center, and Galerstein Gender Center, the Living Learning Communities are piloting a new diversity and inclusion program for our LLC freshmen. Our goals are to help LLC students understand the basic building blocks of diversity and inclusion; foster a campus culture of acceptance; and highlight university resources that will aid in these processes.
Requirements to Participate
- All participants must be members of the LLC.
- All students must complete Diversity 101 training plus attend 5 hours of diversity and inclusion programs sponsored by UT Dallas to be awarded a certificate.
- Students are required to attend at least 2 different types of events spanning a total of at least 5 hours.
- Students are required to document their event attendance by using OrgSync.
- Students must complete these requirements in one semester. The certificate can be completed in either the fall or the spring semester.
You can complete Diversity 101 by fulfilling one of the following three options:
- Complete the Diversity Education Training module in your eLearning account. The module is located under "My Organizations" on your eLearning homepage. Click on the link titled "FY16 Student Compliance Training". Once the window loads, click the "Diversity Education Training" link and complete the module.
- Attend a diversity lecture in your 1100 course. The LLC Department will verify your attendance with the course instructor.
- Attend the LLC Certificate of Diversity and Inclusion Launch Party at the beginning of the semester (date and time TBD).
Five Hours of Program Attendance
Students must attend two different types of events/programs spanning a total of five hours.
Types of programs include:
- Celebratory events such as Tea Tuesdays at the Galerstein Gender Center or the Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Breakfast hosted annually by the Multicultural Center. Typically these events have a minimal time commitment and do not require a great deal of interaction.
- Interactive/Service events such as iFriend and English Conversation Hours hosted by the International Center. These events typically require direct involvement and interaction with diverse populations.
- Advanced Topics such as Safe Zone Ally Training offered by the Galerstein Gender Center and Diversity Dialogues hosted by the Multicultural Center. These events usually require a multi-hour time commitment and often result in a certification.
For more information regarding events, please visit the following university websites:
- Ackerman Center for Holocaust Studies
- Asia Center
- Comet Calendar
- Confucius Institute
- Galerstein Gender Center
- International Center
- Multicultural Center
- Office of Diversity and Community Engagement
- Office of Student Volunteerism
- Veteran Services Center
For questions regarding qualified events, please email us directly at [email protected] or call our office at 972.883.7430.
How to Log Your Events
All participants must log their hours in OrgSync to track their hours of participation. You can log in with your UT Dallas NetID. To submit your hours, please log in to OrgSync first and then click here.
For assistance with logging your hours, please contact the LLC office at [email protected] or 972.883.7430.