Student Leadership Awards Recognize Contributions
Five students, an advisor and a student organization at UT Dallas were recently recognized for their outstanding contributions to campus life at the annual Student Leadership Awards presentation.
Mohammad Nafis Bin Nasim won the Student Leader of the Year Award.
The Student Leader of the Year award was presented to Mohammad Nafis Bin Nasim, a PhD student in economics in the School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences, for his leadership skills, impact on the UT Dallas community and involvement in a variety of organizations and activities both on and off campus.
“Nafis demonstrates leadership by bringing diverse groups of people together and inspiring them to work toward a common goal,” one of his nominations read. “He brings persistence, inspiration and hard work together, and inspires other student leaders.”
The annual awards recognize and encourage student leaders, organizations and advisors, said Annie Benjamin, assistant director of Student Leadership Programs.
“The Student Leadership Awards ceremony allows our University community to come together and help honor the dedication of countless individuals who enhance the vibrant student life of UT Dallas,” Benjamin said. “These awards are our way of expressing our gratitude to those who are deeply committed to elevating the quality of student life here.”
Other winners were:
- Patty Atchley Service to Student Life Award — Jacky Lam, senior, Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science. The award lauds students who go above and beyond the call of duty to improve student life at UT Dallas.
- Community Service Award — Sartaz Khan, senior, Jindal School of Management. The award recognizes outstanding service to the community.
- Employee of Excellence Award — Joni Roland, senior, School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences. This honor recognizes student employees who demonstrate leadership and professionalism.
- Rising Star Award — Aaron Dotson, sophomore, School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences. This award honors freshmen and sophomores who have shown outstanding leadership abilities.
- Advisor of the Year Award — Ashfia Salemin, administrative assistant for the Women’s Center and advisor for the Bangladeshi Student Organization. This award recognizes outstanding dedication and service.
- Golden Comet Award — Bangladeshi Student Organization. This award honors a student organization for its positive impact on the campus and surrounding community.
Ashfia Salemin, Advisor of the Year
Bangladeshi Student Organization, Golden Comet Award
Media Contact: The Office of Media Relations, UT Dallas, (972) 883-2155, [email protected].