Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
The user would like to clear their cache and cookies.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer when visiting a website. They can retain information regarding a user's previous activity on that site and preferences to allow for quick retrieval when revisiting the site.
What is a Browser Cache?
When you access files through the web, the browser cache allows browsers to retain website data to enable faster viewing on future visits. By retaining a local copy of some website data, a browser is able to load some information from pages you have previously visited without downloading that data again thus enabling faster load times.
We recommend the following pages for instructions to clear your browser’s cache. If you need additional assistance clearing your cache and cookies, contact the Help Desk.
Clearing Cache and Cookies
- Google Chrome (Windows and Mac): View full instructions from Google Support
- Mozilla Firefox (Windows and Mac): View full instructions from Mozilla Support
- Safari (Mac): View full instructions from Apple Support
- Internet Explorer (Windows): View full instructions from Microsoft Support
Quick Keyboard Commands
- Windows – Chrome, Firefox, & Internet Explorer: Control + Shift + Delete will bring up the settings panel for clearing your browser’s cache.
- Mac OSX – Chrome & Firefox: Command + Shift + Delete will bring up the settings panel for clearing your browser’s cache.
- Mac OSX – Safari: Command + Option + E will immediately clear your browser’s cache without bringing up a settings panel.
Endpoint Computing > Endpoint Support (Desktops, Mobile Devices, etc.)
Article 239 | Last Reviewed 5/26/2020 12:58 PM