Installing and Connecting to GlobalProtect VPN - Windows
The user wants to use the GlobalProtect VPN on their Windows computer.
Download GlobalProtect VPN from https://utdvpn.utdallas.edu and run the program once installed. The portal address for UTD will be "utdvpn.utdallas.edu".
To install the GlobalProtect VPN for Windows, do the following:
- Open your preferred web browser, navigate to https://utdvpn.utdallas.edu and then enter your UT Dallas credentials to sign in. If you are not already authenticated through DUO, you will be asked to do so via a push notification, text message or a phone call.
- Before installing, it is important to know if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows. If you don’t know what version, you can follow the instructions below.
- In order to determine this Select the Start button > Settings > System > About > Uder Device specifications > System type, see if you’re running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows. Under Windows specifications, check which edition and version of Windows your device is running.
- Click “Download Windows 64 bit GlobalProtect agent “or “Download Windows 32 bit GlobalProtect agent” depending on your Windows version.
- After downloading the GlobalProtect Portal installer, you can save it to your Downloads folder or another preferred location. Open the GlobalProtect Portal MSI file then click Next.
- Select the folder you want GlobalProtect installed in (or use the default) and click Next
- Click Next
- Click Close
To connect to the GlobalProtect VPN for Windows, do the following:
- Open the GlobalProtect VPN client on your machine, enter the Portal Address as utdvpn.utdallas.edu, and click Connect.
- Sign in with your NetID and password and then if you are not already authenticated through DUO, you will be asked to do so via a push notification, text message or a phone call.
- GlobalProtect will take a few seconds to reach the connection and then once connected, the client will display a “Connected” message informing you that you are actively connected to the UT Dallas VPN.