Installing and Connecting to GlobalProtect VPN - Mac
The user wants to use the GlobalProtect VPN on their Mac computer.
Download GlobalProtect VPN from https://utdvpn.utdallas.edu and run the program once installed. The portal address for UTD will be "utdvpn.utdallas.edu".
NOTE: GlobalProtect for Mac supports macOS 10.12.1 or higher.
To install the GlobalProtect VPN for Mac, do the following:
- Open your preferred web browser, navigate to https://utdvpn.utdallas.edu and then enter your UT Dallas credentials to sign in. If you are not already authenticated through DUO, you will be asked to do so via a push notification, text message or a phone call.
- Click Download Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect Agent.
- After downloading the GlobalProtect Portal installer, you can save it to your “Downloads” folder or another preferred location. Open the GlobalProtect DMG file from your preferred saved location and Double-click the icon on your desktop. Click Continue.
- If you are prompted with a Custom Install, leave “GlobalProtect” checked and deselect all of the other features then click Continue.
- Click Install and then type in the Local User credentials. Then click Install Software.
- During the installation you may get a pop-up as shown below, just click OK to proceed.
- Click Close.
- After installing the application, enable Palo Alto Networks as a trusted developer.
- From your Mac, launch System Preferences
- Open the Security & Privacy preferences and then select the General tab
- Click the lock icon on the bottom left of the window to make changes and modify preferences
- When prompted, enter your Mac User Name and Password and then Unlock the preferences
- Click Allow next to the message “System software from developer “Palo Alto Networks” was blocked from loading".
- Now you can connect to the VPN
- On MacOS Catalina and higher the popup below will ask for permissions to access the local folders ~/Downloads, ~/Desktop, and ~/Documents. You can either select Don’t Allow or OK for each of the three depending on whether you want to allow or block the access.
NOTE: GlobalProtect for Mac supports macOS 10.11 or higher.
To connect to the GlobalProtect VPN for Mac, do the following:
- Open the GlobalProtect VPN client on your machine, enter the Portal Address as utdvpn.utdallas.edu, and click Connect.
- GlobalProtect will take a few seconds to reach the connection.
- Sign in with your NetID and password and then if you are not already authenticated through DUO, you will be asked to do so via a push notification, text message or a phone call.