To get started, choose from the options above.
Submit an eCAT Request
- Select "User Account" from the menu option – you can Create or Update user accounts
- Follow the steps and submit your request
Cancel an eCAT Request
- Select "Cancel Access Request" from the menu option
- The following selection will show a list of requests submitted by you. Select the request you want to cancel and click "Next"
Note: You can cancel a request only when the approval process has not begun. If it has already received department approval, please contact Provisioning and Access Control at x6880 for cancellations.
Request access to resources from departments other than user’s department
- Select "User Account" from the menu option
- Follow the steps to update existing user
- 4. On the IT Resources step provide details on the resources required under "Other Department" section
Request access to eCAT
- You can contact your department reviewer or approver to request access to the tool for you. Login to eCAT and select "Request Access to this tool" from the menu option. This menu option allows requests for access to eCAT as Departmental Reviewer, Departmental Approver, Checkout Approver, Directory Manager, as well as to become a Sponsor.
Create Checkout requests in eCAT
- Select Access Account Management » User Account
- You will be asked, "Does the User already have a UTD-ID/NetID?" Select Yes
- You will be asked, "What would you like to do for a user?" Select Checking Out (UTD or Department)
- Select one of the following:
- Terminate Position — for Contractors or Guests no longer at UTD
- Transferring from Department
- Leave of Absence
Check status of an eCAT request
- Select "Show Forms / Status" from the menu option
- This selection will show all the requests that have been submitted by you or for you. You will be able to see where it is in the flow and who has approved each step
- Select Access Account Management » Transfer Sponsorship
- The application will take you through a three-step process to submit request to transfer users from one sponsor to another