eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop.
Choose an option below to get started.
- Network Name or SSID: eduroam
- 802.11 Operating Mode: Infrastructure or Network (not ad hoc)
- Security Mode: Enterprise (not Personal)
- Network Authentication: WPA2
- Data Encryption: AES or AES-CCMP
- Roaming Identity or Outer Identity: Organization Login Credentials
- Authentication Type or Outer Authentication: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Authentication Protocol or Inner Authentication: MS-CHAPv2
- Credentials: Organization Login Credentials
- Validate Server Certificate or Verify Server Name: Choose YES
- Certificate Issuer or Trusted Root CA: AddTrust External Root CA
- Server Name or Certificate Name: eduroam.utdallas.edu
- Server Name Must Match: Choose YES
What credentials do I use to log in?
- You will need to use your email address for your institution and password.
At what institutions can I access the internet using my credentials?
- You can find a a list of participating institutions by clicking here.