To get started, choose from the options above.
Find your Mac address
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig -all.
- Hit Enter.
- Take note of your Physical Address and IP Address if desired.
- Choose Ethernet from the options to the left.
- Take note of your IP Address if desired.
- Click Advanced.
- Go to the Hardware tab.
- The Mac Address is listed at the top.
- Open a new Shell Prompt.
- Type ifconfig -a or alternatively ip link
- Hit Enter.
- Your MAC Address will be listed as either HWaddr or eth0
Find your MAC address for TemocNet
- With your Apple TV remote, navigate to the Settings icon and select it
- From the Settings menu, select General
- Under General, select Network
- Your MAC address will be next to either Wi-Fi Address or Ethernet Address depending on whether you are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or a Wired connection.
- Click on your account picture on the taskbar
- Click on the Wi-Fi button
- Click on the i icon in the top right of the window
- Your MAC Address will be listed here
Fire Stick/Fire TV
- From the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick’s home screen, scroll down to Settings
- Scroll to the right and select System
- Scroll down to and select About
- Scroll down to Network. Your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick’s MAC addresses will be listed here
- Start the PlayStation 3 with no disc inserted
- Select System Settings
- Select System Information
- The third line will be the MAC Address
Note: The MAC address for the Wi-Fi and Wired connection are the same for PS3 systems
- On the XMB, arrow up to the very top until you see the XMB Menus
- Scroll over to the right and select Settings
- Select Network
- Select View Connection Status
- From this area, you can get the WiFi and Ethernet MAC Address
- From the Home screen, select Settings
- Select About
- Both of the devices Wi-FI and Wired MAC addresses will be displayed if available.
- Navigate to the System Settings
- Select Network Settings
- Select Configure Network
- Under Basic Settings, check to make sure IP Settings is on Automatic
- Select the Additional Settings Tab
- Select the second item, Advanced Settings
- Toward the bottom of the screen you should see the MAC Address
Note: The MAC address for the Wi-Fi and Wired connection are the same for Xbox 360 systems
- Select Settings
- Select Network
- Select Advanced Settings
- Both the Wired and Wireless MAC addresses will be listed
Wired CometNet Connection
- Open your preferred web browser and go to the NetReg Website:
- Log in with your NetID and Password.
- Enter the MAC Address of your PC.
- Change the Card Type to Wired
: You must be either connected to CometNet or the UTD VPN
to access the TemocNet Registration tool.
- Click Register TemocNet Device
- Fill in the required fields as follows:
- Device Type
- Device MAC Address
- Serial Number (Optional but recommended)
- Description (Optional)
- Click Update
- Click Yes on the pop up box