To get started, choose from the options above.
Duo Enrollment Tutorial
- Enter your UTD-ID and Date of Birth on the next page. Once done, click Submit
- Click Start Setup to begin your enrollment into Duo
Select the type of device that you would like to add as your 2-Factor device.
Note: For your convenience, it is recommended that this be your mobile phone, where feasible. This would ensure you have access to your 2-Factor method as often as possible, and allows for multiple methods of using Duo (Push notifications, SMS, and Phone Call)
- Click Continue once you are ready to proceed.
- If you selected either the Mobile Phone or Landline option, you will need to enter your phone number and follow the ensuing instructions
- If you selected a Tablet, you will need to choose the type of tablet you have and follow the instructions for installing the Duo Application
- Once you have successfully setup a device with your account, you can choose to add another device or what the default Duo behavior is for your account
- Select Continue to Login to proceed
Smartphone Mobile Application
If you are using the Duo Mobile application on your smartphone, you can log in using the code or push notification provided to you through the app.
Duo Application Code
- Open the Duo app to find the "University of Texas at Dallas" button.
- Tap the Key button to the right side of the screen, and the application will display a code.
- Type this code into the "2nd Password" field to log in.
Duo Application Push
- After filling out the other information on the log in screen, type "push" into the "2nd Password" field to receive a push notification on your smartphone labelled "Login request: The University of Texas at Dallas".
- Tap the "Approve" then "Confirm" in the notification, and you should be automatically logged in.
If you do not have the Duo app installed, or do not have access to a smartphone, you can still log in by having the system contact you at the phone number you set up your NetIDplus account with.
- After filling out the other information on the log in screen, type "phone" into the "2nd Password" field and you will receive an automated phone call.
- Press any number on your phone’s keypad as prompted by the system, and you should be automatically logged in.
- After filling out the other information on the log in screen, type "sms" into the "2nd password field" and you will receive an automated text message with multiple codes.
- Type one of these codes in the "2nd Password" field to log into the system. Each of these codes can only be used one before they will expire.
If you would like to add another device to your account, add another phone number, or remove a device, this can be completed through the manage devices screen.
- Go to the NetID management site
- Click "NetIDplus Enrollment"
- Log in with your NetID and password
- Click "NetIDplus"
- Select Set up or change your NetIDplus protection
- Click "My Settings & Devices"
- Log into NetIDplus with your prefered authentication method
Note: If you have recently changed cellular devices but retain the same phone number, you will need to authenticate via "phone" or "SMS". The SMS option can be chosen by clicking "Enter a Passcode". An option will appear at the bottom of the box to have a passcode sent by text message.
- Once logged in, you have a number of options:
- Add a new device: you can enroll another mobile phone number, tablet, or landline
- Device Options:
- Reactivate Duo Mobile: Activate the Duo Mobile app if you did not activate it when you first enrolled or if you have changed devices
- Change Device Name
- Remove Device (If the device is not your primary device)
- Set as Default: Set this device as the default device if using the push, sms, or phone options when connecting to the VPN