All members of UTD have at least two separate quotas: Email and Disk. Disk refers to your personal storage space on either the Unix or Windows servers. This is commonly called the “H” drive. All members of UTD have a directory on one of the Unix servers. Staff and Faculty may also have access to departmental space on one of the Windows servers. Email refers to the storage space allotted for your Exchange mail and includes mail attachments. The default quota limits are as follows:
- Unix Drive for Students and Staff: 1GB
- Windows Server for Departmental Shared Drives: 20 GB*
- Exchange Email: 50 GB*
- Office 365 Email: 50 GB
- OneDrive: 1TB*
*Can be expanded by contacting the OIT Help Desk.
Choose an option below to get started.
Check your Unix disk quota/usage
- Log into your Unix account.
- At the prompt, type in
- This will display current disk usage.
Check your Windows server quota
- Right-click the network drive in the drive listing in the file browser.
- Click Properties.
- The Properties window will display total disk space and how much is available.
Exchange / Office 365
- To check your Mailbox usage/quota, login to your Office 365 (Students) or Exchange (Staff) account
- Click the gear/cog wheel in the top right corner
- Click Options
- Click General on the left hand side to expand the category.
- Click My account
- Your Mailbox usage will be displayed in your My Account Profile.