If a file or folder has been deleted from a Department Share drive or Personal Staff drive offering the ‘Previous Versions’ benefit, it may be possible to restore the file or folder with the instructions below. Please note that this process can only be performed on a Windows computer and is unavailable on Mac devices. If you are unable to restore the required or are unable to access a Windows computer for a file restore, please contact the Help Desk for further assistance.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the folder with the file you wish to restore
- Right click on the folder that contained the file that needs to be restored
- Select Restore previous versions
- Select the Previous Versions tab
- Click on the time you wish to restore from and click Open
- A new window containing all files in the folder from the selected time will be displayed
- Copy and paste the file from the previous version of the folder as needed