Webex is a web-based platform that allows effective collaboration by streamlining the entire meeting process, providing a highly-secure online space to share all media related information. Meetings can be scheduled and joined by any computer that has internet access, or even a mobile device.
The current WebEx contract will be active through August 31, 2021. After that time, WebEx will no longer be available as a UTD-provided video conferencing tool. Consider using alternatives including Microsoft Teams or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Read More >
Students do not need to log in to join a WebEx meeting scheduled by a faculty or staff member. Students can only ‘log in’ when scheduling a meeting on the Student WebEx site.
If you receive an “Account Deactivated” error when logging in to WebEx, please ensure you are logging into the correct WebEx site. You do not need to log in to participate in a WebEx meeting.
|Faculty/Staff Login||Student Login|
Choose an option below to get started.
Webex Meetings App
- For Staff/Faculty: Sign into https://utdallas.webex.com and select Support Center.
- For Students: Sign into https://utdallas-student.webex.com/ and select Support Center.
- On the left side pane select Download
- Select Download and install the application
After Downloading and installing the Cisco Webex Meetings App you will be prompted to enter your UTD email address and then enter in the following information:
- Site URL for Staff/Faculty: https://utdallas.webex.com
- You will be prompted by Single Sign On to enter your UTD credentials, and after signing in you will be taken to the Cisco Webex Meetings App!
- All Done!
Install Cisco Webex – iOS
- Go to the App Store on your iOS device and search for Webex
- Locate, install, and then open the Cisco Webex Meetings app
- Review and accept the Terms of Service by selecting I Accept
- Click Sign In
- Under the Email field, select Sign in through your UTD email address
Enter the Webex URL
- For Staff/Faculty: utdallas.webex.com
- For Students: utdallas-student.webex.com
- You will be automatically directed to Safari on your phone and be presented with a login screen
- Login with your NetID and password and you will be logged in and ready to use Webex Meetings!
Install Cisco Webex – Android
- Download Cisco Webex Meetings from the Google Play Store
- Open the Cisco Webex Meetings app
- Accept the Terms of Service and Privacy Statement
- Press sign in
- Type in your UT Dallas e-mail address and press next
- Enter in the Webex URL
- For staff/faculty: utdallas.webex.com
- For students: utdallas-student.webex.com
- Press Next
- The app will open to a UT Dallas authentication page
- Enter your NetID and password then press submit to login
- Press allow
- You are now signed into Cisco Webex
Add Webex to Teams
- In Microsoft Teams, go to Teams.
- Next to the team name, select More > Manage team > Apps > More Apps.
- From the More Apps page, search for the Cisco Webex Meetings app, then select the app and click Add. The Cisco Webex Meetings app contains the Cisco Webex Meetings bot. The Cisco Webex Meetings bot provides the commands that you can use to set up and share Webex meeting links.
You will now need to set the Webex Site URL to utdallas.webex.com.
- Add the Webex Meetings app to a Team and then send a message in the Conversations tab of that Team.
- Your message must mention the Cisco Webex Meetings app (@CiscoWebexMeetings) and must contain the command “site [utdallas.webex.com]”.
- The Webex Meetings bot will respond confirming that you have set the site to utdallas.webex.com.
Note: Students using the student version of Webex should use utdallas-student.webex.com as their site name.
The Webex Meetings App has now been downloaded to your Teams client and is ready to be added or used in channels, chats, and or in the Webex Meetings app itself!
Using Webex Meeting App in Teams
After the Webex Meetings app has been added to a channel, select the app to open the Webex Meetings home page.
Select Schedule in the top right of the home page to schedule a meeting or recurring meeting for a future time and date.
Select Start Meeting to create a personal meeting room that you can invite attendees to and have a meeting ready to start instantly.
Select Join a Meeting if you have a meeting number or join code from an earlier Webex Meeting invitation to instantly join an ongoing meeting.
Schedule a meeting in Webex Meetings App in Teams
- Open the Webex Meetings home page in your Teams app and select Schedule.
- From the Schedule a Meeting window you can name your meeting, set a date and time, set a custom meeting password, and invite attendees just as you would from Webex online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. By default, anyone with the link (or Meeting number) and password may attend a Webex Meeting or Event. As part of the advanced scheduling options, a meeting host can require that attendees register.
The meeting number is a nine-digit unique identifier that allows you to enter the correct meeting when calling in to a Webex session. The meeting number also allows you to join a meeting for which you do not have a link. You’ll still need to supply the password, if it has been set. The Meeting number is found in your Webex email invitation or calendar entry. It can also be found on the Meeting Info tab within a Webex session. Or ask the meeting host for the Meeting number.
Yes. To export a meeting recording, Log in to Webex. Navigate to Host a Meeting > My Recorded Meetings from the left-side navigation bar. From the My Recorded Meetings page, go to the line entry for the meeting you wish to export and select Download from the right-most drop down button.
You can also click on the name link for a meeting and you will be taken to the summary page for that meeting. On the summary page you may click the Download recording link to download the recording.
Yes. Once a Webex session has started, you can make someone else the host. If you are the original host, you can also reclaim host privileges after you have transferred them by using the Host Key or by leaving the meeting then re-entering. There is no way to transfer the host role prior to starting a Webex session. A host may schedule a Webex session for another host. This must be configured using the Scheduling permission feature.
Login to your Webex portal by following the appropriate link above. Click My Webex from the top navigation, and expand Preferences. Select Scheduling Options from the list of configurable features, and you can add a delegate by putting the user’s [email protected] email address in the Scheduling permission field. Hit Save to commit changes.
For support with logging in or other account related issues, please contact the UTD OIT Help Desk.
For support and assistance with utilizing the Webex system, please contact Webex Technical Support:
- U.S. and Canada Toll-Free 1-866-229-3239
- International Toll +1 916-636-9000
- For additional support numbers, please refer to: International toll-free phone numbers