by Pedro Morales · June 10, 2020
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is excited to announce we are “moving the mark” with Microsoft telephony functionality. On June 1 we began transitioning departments and Colleges to Microsoft Teams Voice and migrating faculty and staff emails to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online (EXO). The efforts will continue through the summer and in to the early fall semester. The migrations schedule can be found on the OIT website. This website will also contain FAQ’s, statistics, and relevant information to the effort as we continue to build it out. Please check back periodically for updates to the schedule and additional information as we inch towards the 100% mark. You can follow the graphic on our website to monitor progress!
Microsoft Teams Voice allows you to simplify communication and collaborate more easily, all with enterprise-level security. You will receive new features such as:
- Send or receive calls from your UT Dallas phone number anywhere.
- Access your voicemail from anywhere.
- Engage UTD staff, faculty or students quickly with easy-to-use, intuitive controls from your smart phone, computer, or web browser.
- Access your favorites, speed dial contacts, or create groups of frequent contacts easily.
- Resolve critical problems in real time through video calling, desktop sharing, document co-authoring, and other features.
We are working closely with your department leadership and technology representative to prepare for your upcoming date. Any action required on your part will be communicated through those channels.
This is an exciting upgrade to our current phone system that we anticipate will both improve and enhance the user experience with these services and we are thrilled to bring it to you. In the meantime, should you have questions, need more information, or any assistance, please contact the OIT Help Desk using the information below.