Parents and Families
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of participants, and following CDC guidelines for COVID-19, UT Dallas has suspended all on-campus events until further notice. Due to these new restrictions, all on-campus summer camps for 2020 are canceled. We appreciate your understanding and we look forward to seeing you at one of our on-campus camps in the future.Please note the following camps are offering online programming for minor participants during winter break 2020:
Whether your child or teen is participating in a program, activity, camp or event (collectively known as PACE) held on campus or at an offsite location sponsored by the University of Texas at Dallas, rest assured we are committed to providing your child with a safe and enjoyable experience.
Parents and guardians also play an important role in ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants. When selecting a program for your child or teen:
- Review program materials and select programs that are appropriate for your child or teens age and ability.
- Completely and accurately fill out all registration forms. Be sure to document any health conditions or dietary restrictions that program staff need to be aware of.
- Discuss appropriate behaviors with your child or teen before the program begins.
- Inform program staff of any concerns or special needs of your child or teen.
- Ensure your child or teen can be dropped-off and picked-up timely.
- Report any concerns promptly to the program staff or to Carla Garner, director of Programs for Minors, [email protected], 972-883-3815.
Each individual working with minors at a PACE for Minors has agreed to the responsibilities and expectations stated in the Designated Individuals Guidebook to ensure the safety and security of participants. In addition, our program faculty, staff, students and volunteers undergo a background screening and complete annual training focused on safety, security, proper disciplinary procedures, and detecting and reporting abuse or neglect.