Health Professions Advising Center
|Join Mailing List||Applicant Support and HPE|
|Pre-Health Starter Kit||Contact Us|
UT Dallas is the #25 medical feeder school in America, and #3 in Texas—outranking many much larger universities!—according to the American Association of Medical Colleges.
Due to pandemic restrictions, HPAC personnel are advising from off campus.
Short General Questions: Consult the Pre-Health Starter Kit.
Couldn’t find your answer? E-mail [email protected]
- Request an online advisor meeting: Message Margaret Swigert on Teams, or e-mail [email protected].
- Application Questions: e-mail your assigned advisor
Use HPAC to...
- Discuss your health career options, requisite and recommended courses, and major
- Discuss activities that contribute to your pre-professional development, such as clinical, volunteer and research experiences
- Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses as an applicant
- Find information on summer programs
- Access FREE medical journals and the Resource Room
HPAC supports your Health Professions School applications by offering:
- A series of seminars in person and through eLearning: General Application Orientation (GAO), Personal Statement Writing (PSW), Interview Skill Workshop (ISW), and Application 101
- Application advising and guidance
- Revision of your application and application essays
- Health Professions Evaluation (HPE) interviews with UT Dallas faculty
- Committee Evaluation and Committee Letter
- Collection and distribution of your recommendation letters
Some services are limited to qualifying applicants.