Our mission is to provide a community where students can find safety and support in order to thrive and have the best college experience possible while living in recovery.
Who We Help
We help students with substance use disorders or other addictions, those affected by addiction, or individuals questioning or exploring the impact of potential addictive behavior on his or her life.
- One-on-one support with a licensed professional
- Recovery meetings
- Sober social activities
- Supportive community of peers
- Volunteer/service opportunities
Fall 2019 Meetings
|11 a.m.-12 p.m.||Community||Mindfulness Meditation|
|12-1 p.m.||Creative Recovery||Nourish||12 Steppers||F.U.N.
|1-2 p.m.||Get Schooled|
|3-4 p.m.||Outer Space (at 3:30 p.m.)||S.A.S.S.|
- Creative Recovery: This is a time for students to come and participate in creative projects (art, crafting, journaling, film, music). Students will connect with the CSR community and find the therapeutic value of creativity in recovery.
- Community: Townhall style group meet up, where staff and students come together to discuss upcoming events, projects, and outreach ideas.
- 12Steppers: Time for students that are either involved in or curious about the 12 step process of addiction recovery. Students will connect and support each other through 12 step literature and peer support. Open group.
- Nourish: Eating disorder peer support group.
- S.A.S.S.: Sexual assault survivors support group.
- Get Schooled: Time dedicated to focusing on schoolwork. Quiet and mindful environment encouraged.
- F.U.N. Friday: Join the CSR in volunteering and other fun activities. Time and location will change throught the smester. Contact the CSR to find out about time and location.
800 W. Campbell Road SSA 20
Richardson, TX 75080
Hours and Location
Monday through Friday
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Collegiate Recovery Program Manager
Jacqueline Paredes Ahrens
Administrative Project Coordinator