Per Texas Senate Bill no. 62, beginning January 1, 2012, all entering Texas college students, under the age of 22, must receive a vaccination or booster (if the vaccination is five years old) against bacterial meningitis before enrollment.
Before you can register for classes you must submit together:
- A completed Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine Requirement Form
- Proof of immunization
The spring 2017 vaccination deadline is December 30, 2016.
The fall 2016 vaccination deadline was August 12, 2016.
The summer 2016 vaccination deadline was May 13, 2016.
* The vaccination must be less than five years old (on the first day of class).
What is acceptable evidence of vaccination?
Documentation must be in English, state the name and other information sufficient to identify the individual who received the required vaccination, state the month, date and year the vaccine was administered.
- A statement provided by physician or other health care provider authorized by law to administer the vaccine. The statement must include the name, address, signature or stamp, state of licensure and license number of the physician or other healthcare provider who administered the required vaccination; or of the public health official who administered the vaccination.
- An official immunization record generated from the state or local health authority
- An official record received directly from a Texas school official, or a school official in another state.
Where do I submit the paperwork?
Send the requirement form and proof to:
Email: [email protected] (submit as PDF attachments)
The University of Texas at Dallas
The Office of the Registrar, SSB13
800 West Campbell Rd
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
Do I have to get the meningitis vaccination?
- Entering students 22 years of age or older by the first day of class for the semester are exempt.
- Students taking online classes only should submit an Online Enrollment Only Exemption Request form
- If your physician recommends that for health reasons the student not receive the immunization, the student should submit a Vaccine Requirement Form and submit a note from the physician. The signed note should be on either office letterhead or on prescription paper.
- If for reasons of conscience, including religious belief you are declining the vaccination, students should submit a completed Vaccine Requirement Form and an Affidavit from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Collin County
- Dallas County
- Denton County
- Tarrant County
- UT Dallas Student Health Center
- Any Healthcare Provider, Clinic or Pharmacy
Email: [email protected]