Peer Advisors (PA) are UT Dallas student employees who live on campus and provide University Housing residents with personal, academic and housing-related peer support.
Residential Life employs upperclassman students in this leadership role. PAs are assigned to the residence halls and various apartment buildings within University Housing. Students selected as PAs go through an extensive training period to fully prepare them for their role as a PA.
View the official Peer Advisor Job Description
The PA lives with his or her designated community and provides various resources to residents:
- Community building through individual interactions and group activities.
- Knowledge about campus resources, including UT Dallas policies and procedures.
- Resource to help with conflict mediation between roommates.
- On-call services to respond to after hours or emergency concerns.
Become a Peer Advisor
The process to become a PA for the fall semester begins in the prior spring semester. If you are interested, "Like" the Interested in Being a UTD Peer Advisor? Facebook page for more information.
2015 Interest Sessions*
All students interested in applying to be a PA MUST attend an interest session. These sessions are a great chance to meet current peer advisors and coordinators. The sessions cover PA job requirements and the application process. Interest sessions are a good chance for applicants to ask questions of current PAs and the coordinators who supervise them.
- Oct. 1, 9-10pm: Residence Hall West Multipurpose Room
- Oct. 5, 5-6pm: Residence Hall South Classroom
- Oct. 7, 10-11pm: Residence Hall Southwest Multipurpose Room
- Oct. 13, 2-3pm: Student Union Phoenix Room
- Oct. 15, 8-9pm: Residence Northwest Multipurpose Room
- Oct. 19, 3-4pm: Student Union Galaxy Room C
- Oct. 21, 5-6pm: Residence Hall North Classroom
- Oct. 27, 8-9pm: Residence Hall West Multipurpose Room
- Oct. 29, 4-5pm: Phase 8 Clubhouse
- Nov. 3, 2-3pm: Student Union Phoenix Room
- Nov. 4, 10-11pm: Residence Hall Southwest Multipurpose Room
- Nov. 16, 5-6pm: Residence Hall Northwest Multipurpose Room
* Dates are subject to change. Please refer to the Facebook Page for the latest information.