There are two ways to participate in this year's State Employee Charitable Campaign — online, or by making a one-time cash or check gift.
- In the "Make a Pledge" section, opt to either register or log in. Participants who created a login last year can reuse it or create a new one.
- Select "UT Dallas" as your employer.
- Complete your profile.
- Under the "Pledging" drop-down menu, select "make a pledge."
- Opt to replicate last year's pledge, or set up new designations.
- Confirm or set up your payroll deduction details.
- Complete your personal information.
- Review your release of information options.
- Make your charity designations and allocations. Contributions can be made to as many as six different charities, with a $2 minimum for each charity selected. (Skip this section if you are replicating last year's pledge.)
- Complete or skip the campaign questionnaire section.
- Complete your digital signature.
One-time gifts by check or cash
If you would like to make a one-time gift by check or cash, please contact Paula Bratt at 972-883-2151. You can make your one-time gifts at the charity fair on Oct. 21. Checks should be payable to “DFW SECC“ and delivered to mailstop SPN10 by Nov. 13.
Payroll deduction via online form
Payroll deductions can be for one, nine or 12 months (depending on your appointment status). Faculty on nine-month assignments can select payroll deductions for nine months. Faculty using the 12-month pay option will have 12 monthly deductions.
Deductions will be taken once a month. Biweekly employees will have deductions taken from the first paycheck of the month. Gifts cannot be split into 24 payments on the SECC form.
Deductions will be processed against the first check issued in January 2016. The SECC deductions will be the last deductions taken prior to any direct deposit of pay to ensure that all mandatory insurance and retirement deductions are processed accordingly.
Contributions can be made to as many as six different charities, with a $2 minimum for each charity selected.
Contributions will not be tax-deferred in the payroll system for either FIT or FICA taxes. Employees who wish to cancel their contributions must do so in writing. Refunds will not be processed for terminating employees.
Staff and faculty members choosing payroll deduction will receive an email acknowledgement. Please keep this acknowledgement for your records.