Outside Catering Request

If you wish to use an outside caterer instead of the University’s Catering Services (Chartwells) to cater your event, please fill out and submit this form at least two weeks before the start of the event.

If connecting from off-campus, you should use the University’s VPN.


When you fill out this form, please have ready —

  • Your department head’s UT Dallas email address.
  • Your UTD NetID and Password.
  • The eight-digit Cost Center that will be charged for your event. Your department’s cost centers can be found in the PeopleSoft Account Reconciliation tool.

When you submit this form, please be prepared to upload the following supporting documents —

  • A copy of your caterer’s health permit.
  • A copy of your caterer’s Commercial General and Product Liability Insurance for a minimum of $1M [One Million Dollars] , naming both “The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System” and “The University of Texas at Dallas” as additional insured.
  • A bona fide quote from your caterer on their company letterhead, containing the specifics for your event.

We can accept documents in TXT [Text File] , DOC [Microsoft Word Document] , DOCX [Office Open XML Document] , and PDF [Portable Document Format File] formats.

Once you submit this form, it will be sent on to your department head for approval, then to the Catering Director (Chartwells), then to the Director of Food and Retail Services for final authorization.


Policies Affecting Outside Catering

You don’t need to use this form if you are simply ordering a delivery of food for a meeting of less than 25 people; That isn’t considered an “event” for this purpose.

Outside caterers are not allowed to use UT Dallas equipment nor UT Dallas supplies.

Outside caterers are only allowed to serve alcohol if they obtain an on-site liquor license for your event and all their servers are TABC [Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission]  certified.

The University’s Catering Services (Chartwells) will not co-cater events with outside caterers.

Off-campus groups using campus facilities may not use an outside caterer.

If the outside catering request is approved, then an approved purchase order may be required due to onsite labor, vendor requirements, and contractual agreement. Attach a copy of the email message you receive to your requisition in eProcurement.


(Look It Up)

(Not your UTD email address nor your UTD-ID)

(Forgot Your Password?)