Commencement Ceremony Tickets
You will be able to update your Commencement Ceremony RSVP and claim your electronic guest tickets by the dates posted in the Academic Calendar for your Commencement Term.
General Ticket Information
- Tickets are limited due to building capacity restrictions. Tickets are required for each guest.
- The number of tickets that is available for you to obtain electronically is determined by the amount of students that submit an RSVP for your ceremony.
- The number of tickets available to you will not be known until after the RSVP Update Deadline on the Academic Calendar. If you indicated that you will attend your ceremony, you will receive an email notifying you of the number of guest tickets you are able to claim after this date.
- All tickets are "General Admission". There is no reserved seating.
- Selling commencement tickets is prohibited. They are free and are not for profit.
- Children (12 months of age and under) who sit in a lap during the entire ceremony do not require a ticket.
- Guests are encouraged to arrive early to find parking and seating. All guests must be seated at least 5 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
Commencement Tickets will be available to claim electronically on the date published in the Academic Calendar.
- You will only be able to claim tickets if you submitted a Commencement RSVP by the RSVP deadline published in the applicable Academic Calendar.
- Please visit utdgraduationtickets.com to obtain your electronic Commencement tickets on or after the date published on the Academic Calendar.
- You need to have your phone ready before you start reserving your guest tickets.
- Your ticket needs to be printed in actual size and only one ticket on an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper.
- If you try to shrink/enlarge the ticket size the barcode will not scan at the door and it will delay your entry to the venue.
- Only claim tickets that you know you will use. You can always go back and claim your allotted tickets as you need them before your ceremony.
- During the checkout process for your tickets, you will be given the opportunity to donate any tickets you will not be using. The donated tickets will be placed in a pool for students to claim if they need any additional tickets.
- If there are any additional tickets available, you will be able to collect them during your checkout. If there are no additional tickets available when you checkout, please check back at another time.
The Commencement Ceremonies will be projected on a large
screen behind the stage with captions for the hearing impaired.
Seating for guests with a disability or special needs is located on the main floor at the Commencement Ceremonies. If you need to make any special accommodations for yourself, please contact the Office of Student AccessAbility.