Policies and Procedures
Office of Student AccessAbility (OSA) Testing Center Policy
- Completed Provisions for Alternative Testing (PAT) forms must be submitted within the first two weeks of the academic semester. Failure to return the original PAT in a timely fashion may result in a processing delay.
- Exams must be scheduled with OSA at least three days prior to the test date. (Any exam not scheduled in advance may result in the need to reschedule with your instructor.) Note: Final exams should be scheduled two weeks in advance.
- Exams should be scheduled at the same time the class is scheduled to take the exam. Any variation in time will require your professor’s approval.
- On the day of the exam, come prepared and ready to begin at the scheduled time. Note: If you arrive late, your time will not be adjusted. If you arrive more than 15 minutes after the scheduled time, you must go to the classroom to take the exam.
- If you do not show for the exam, the exam will be returned to the instructor.
- You may not adjust the time or date of the exam without prior approval from the instructor. The instructor must give either verbal or written confirmation of a change in date or time to an OSA staff member.
- You are responsible for notifying OSA if test dates are changed or cancelled by your professor. You must also notify OSA if you withdraw from a course.
- If you miss two scheduled testing reservations without notifying OSA, you must meet with the assistant director before you will be allowed to schedule any further exams.
- No bathroom breaks are permitted unless you have been testing for more than three hours, or it is part of a previously approved accommodation.
- No hats, no hoods and no sunglasses may be worn in the testing rooms.
- Only testing materials noted on the PAT form or provided by the professor will be allowed. Scratch paper will be provided by OSA.
Back to Students