Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dec. 9: Division holiday luncheon, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- Dec. 2: Women's basketball vs. Austin College, 7 p.m. First 200 fans receive a free UT Dallas basketball/Star Wars T-shirt.
- Volleyball: The Comets are ranked No. 14 nationally and wrapped up the season with a 31-3 overall record. They advanced to the second round of the NCAA D-III national tournament for the second time in three seasons. Junior Michelle Toro became the 17th All-American in UT Dallas history, earning third team honors from the American Volleyball Coaches Association. Senior setter Kayla Jordan led NCAA D-III in assists per set in her final year with the program.
- Men's soccer: The Comets closed the year with a 15-4-3 record and qualified for the NCAA D-III national tournament for the second straight season. The team set a new school record with 13 shutouts during the 2015 campaign.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Nov. 30: "PAWS for Finals" therapy dog stress relief, 1:30-3:30 p.m., McDermott Library.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Nov. 9: Intakes, consultation and counseling (203), crisis services (14), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (40), couple and group counseling (55), testing (2), outreach (5).
- Center for Students in Recovery services/meetings for the week of Nov. 9: Individual recovery support (4), other contacts (28), 12 step-all addictions (1), Al-Anon (1), meditation group (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1).
- Dec. 1: Flu clinic 1-7 p.m., SSB 4.700. Available to currently enrolled students while supplies last. Comet Card required. Those unable to attend the clinic should call the center to schedule an appointment (972-883-2747).
- In-office testing for the week of Nov 9: (129).
- More than 1,000 students took the It's On Us pledge during the week of Nov. 9.
- Nov. 30-Dec. 4: Suicide Prevention/Stress Relief Week.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Nov. 9: academic dishonesty (4), alcohol (5), weapons (1), drugs (1).
- November: Teen Toy Drive benefiting Captain Hope's Kids. Donate new, unwrapped toys for youth ages 13 or older. Bins located in SSB 3.600 and AD 2.410. Ends Nov. 30.
- Seeking staff or faculty to volunteer/serve as Responsible University Officials (RUOs) for Alternative Spring Break. Contact Monalisa Amidar at ext. 6393 for details and application.
- Dec. 2: General registration for all ASB service trips begins online at noon.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
- Dec. 1: Creating a Cover Letter for your Job Search, 10 a.m., SSB 3.107.
- Dec. 2: Resume Workshop-Think Like a Resume Editor, 12:30 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- Dec. 3: Just in Time Career Expo, 1-3 p.m., SU Galaxy Rooms. (For those graduating in December.)
- Dec. 3: Teach For America information session, 4-5 p.m., SU 1.614.
- Dec. 4: Conducting an Effective Job Search, 1 p.m., SSB 3.107.
New Student Programs
- Search for an administrative assistant II for New Student Programs and Student Transition Programs is ongoing.
- 43 Orientation Leaders hired for 2015-16.
- Class of 2020 Facebook group is live.
- Comet Families is recruiting volunteers to participate in Memories on the Mall.
- Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
- Spring 2016 mandatory transfer orientation: Nov. 23, Dec. 5, and Dec. 16. Locations will vary.
Veteran Services Center
- Nov. 23: Green Zone training for faculty and staff, 1-4 p.m., limited spots available. See registration form for details.
- Dec. 2: "Rest and Refuel" end of semester social for military-affiliated students, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., MC 1.204.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Nov. 26: Thanksgiving dinner, 11 a.m., RHN.
- The search continues for open residential life coordinator for RHSW.