- March 4-5: Baseball vs. Hardin-Simmons. Comets open ASC play with a three-game weekend series with HSU. Two teams will play 2 p.m. single games Friday before a 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the baseball field. The first 100 students at Saturday's games will receive a free lunch.
- March 6: Women's tennis vs. Evangel University, 10:30 a.m.
- March 11-12: Softball vs. Mary Hardin-Baylor. Comets host UMHB for a three-game ASC series. Two teams will play a 4 p.m. single game Friday before a 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the softball field.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Feb. 15: Intakes, consultation and counseling (191), crisis services (12), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (29), couple and group counseling (21), group screening (7), mind-body lab (5), testing (2), outreach (4).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Feb. 15: Individual recovery support (4), other contacts (29). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Al-Anon (1), meditation group (3), nourish eating disorder support group (1).
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Feb. 15: Academic dishonesty (4), ID cards (1), drugs (1).
- Searching for staff/faculty to volunteer as a responsible university official for the Alternative Spring Break Animal Services team. Contact Monalisa Amidar for details.
- March 1-31: Book Drive. The OSV is collecting new and used books for all ages for the Friends of the Richardson Public Library. Donation bins are located in SSB 3.6, SU first floor entrance, RHSW lobby, Administration Building second floor elevator, and McDermott Library lobby. Contact Mackenzie Hunter for details.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
- Feb. 29: Secrets of Working in Non-Profits, 5:30 p.m., GR 3.420.
- March 2: Public Agency Career Expo, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., VCB Atrium.
- March 2: What Can I Do With My Interdisciplinary Studies Degree, 3 p.m., FO 2.702.
- March 3: Building a Professional Resume, 2:30 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- March 4: Career Advice and a Slice, 12 p.m., SU Galaxy Rooms B&C. Space is limited and students must pre-register via CometCareers.
- Continuing search for a new student employment coordinator.
- Continuing search for two new career consultants.
- Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
- Search for an administrative assistant I is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
- Feb. 29: JRYE: Comet Credit, 5-6 p.m., SU 2.602C.
- Summer/fall 2016 transfer orientation dates: March 14, April 26, May 2, May 17, June 3, June 7, June 20, Aug. 10, Aug. 16.
- Search for an undergraduate transfer student worker is ongoing. Students may apply to CometCareers job posting #78185.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Sarah Amberson, residential life coordinator for community development, was selected as the National Residential Housing Honorary (NRHH) regional advisor for the Southwest Affiliate for College and University Residence Halls. In this volunteer position, she will work closely with student leaders from other NRHH chapters in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. Her two-year appointment starts in June.
- UT Dallas was recently selected as School of the Year in the Southwest Affiliate for College and University Residence Halls region at a student leadership conference at the University of Oklahoma.
- Billy Werb accepted the residential life coordinator Southwest position. His first day is March 1.
- Search for assistant director of residential life/community development is underway.
- LLC coordinator search is ongoing.
- Registration for International Week tournaments and volunteers are available via the iWeek website.
Marketing & Student Media