- March 8: Baseball vs. University of Dallas, 2 p.m.
- March 11-12: Softball vs. Mary Hardin-Baylor. Comets host UMHB for a three-game ASC series. Two teams will play a 4 p.m. single game Friday before a 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the softball field.
- March 14-15: Golf at LeTourneau (spring invitational). The Comets men and women return to action after a week off at a key spring tournament against several conference opponents. The two-day, 36-hole tournament will take place at Pinecrest Country Club in Longview.
- March 18-19: Baseball vs. Texas-Tyler. Comets host rival UT Tyler for a three-game ASC series. Two teams will play a 2 p.m. single game Friday before a 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the baseball field.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Feb. 22: Intakes, consultation and counseling (164), crisis services (23), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (36), couple and group counseling (46), group screening (2), testing (4), mind-body-lab (2), outreach (3).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Feb. 22: Individual recovery support (4), other contacts (33). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Al-Anon (1), meditation group (3), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), COR/group (1), SMART (1).
- The Activity Center and Recreation Center West will have reduced hours during spring break.
- March 11-21: Due to scheduled maintenance, there will be no hot water or heat at the Activity Center.
- March 7-11: Safe spring break week.
- March 7: Wellness Leader session--high risk drinking, 7 p.m., Phoenix Room.
- March 8: Twisted Trivia, 8 p.m., Visitor Center Atrium.
- March 9: Free HIV testing, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., SSB 4.5.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Feb. 22: Academic dishonesty (2), alcohol (1), drugs (1).
- Student Government filing is open. Please encourage your students to run for senate. Filing closes March 11.
- March 7: Student Leadership Award nominations open.
- March 21-25: Springapalooza.
- March 23-24: SG elections.
- March 24: SOC Spring Fun Raiser, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Student Union mall. Student performances and a variety of fundraising booths. Bring cash and help student organizations raise money.
- April 9: Leaders Meet (Student Leadership Program annual leadership conference). Registration opens March 16 on OrgSync. Email Beth Roller for information.
- March 1-31: Book drive. The OSV is collecting new and used books for all ages for the Friends of the Richardson Public Library. Donation bins are located in SSB 3.6, SU first floor entrance, RHSW lobby, Administration Building second floor elevator and McDermott Library lobby. Contact Mackenzie Hunter for details.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
- March 8: Conducting an Effective Job Search, 2 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- March 9: Mock Interview Day, 1-5 p.m., VCB Atrium. Space is limited and students must pre-register for a time via CometCareers.
- March 10: Learn Strategic Interviewing Skills, 2 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- March 10: Women in Business Panel, 5:30 p.m., MC 4.400.
- March 11: Creating a Cover Letter for Your Job Search, 1 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- Search is ongoing for two new career consultants.
New Student Programs
- March 7: Please welcome Shelly Cowen, administrative assistant I, who started today.
- Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
- Search for an administrative assistant I is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
- Summer/fall 2016 transfer orientation dates: March 14, April 26, May 2, May 17, June 3, June 7, June 20, Aug. 10, Aug. 16.
- Search for an undergraduate transfer student worker is ongoing. Students may apply to CometCareers job posting #78741.
Veteran Services Center
- Warrior SMART classes for student, staff and faculty veterans will be held on three consecutive Tuesdays from 1-3:30 p.m., March 22, 29, April 5. Register or contact the Veteran Services Center for more information.
- April 8: Green Zone training for faculty and staff, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., limited spots available. See registration form for details.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- The search for an LLC coordinator is ongoing.
- March LLC events are online. Activities are open to all freshmen students unless otherwise noted.
Leadership, Risk/Safety, Partnerships
- Are you, your students or someone in your department traveling outside the U.S. this semester on behalf of UT Dallas? Follow Traveler Best Practices and set up the University required safety net.
Marketing & Student Media
- March 7: New issues of The Mercury and AMP on newsstands.
- March 10: Radio UTD hosts The Smiths Dance Party, 9 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
Diversity and Community Engagement
Galerstein Women’s Center
- March 24: Women's History Month Celebration-Shoe Confessions, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., McDermott Suite. Please register by March 20.