- Congratulations to the men's golf team for placing fifth at the ASC Championships last week in Kerrville. Senior Blake Trahan placed third while freshman Levi Pettit placed 10th, both earning All-ASC recognition.
- April 18-19: Women's golf at ASC Championships. Sophomore Hailey Hollas will compete Monday and Tuesday at Oakmont Country Club in Corinth.
- April 19: Baseball vs. Southwestern University, 3 p.m.
- April 21-23: Women's tennis at ASC Championships. The Comets qualified for the ASC Tournament for the seventh consecutive season and will serve as the No. 2 seed out of the league's West Division. Tournament starts Thursday and runs through Saturday in Tyler.
- April 22-23: Baseball vs. Sul Ross State. Comets host Sul Ross State for a three-game ASC series. Teams will play a 2 p.m. single game Friday and a 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the baseball field. Comet seniors will be recognized during Saturday's doubleheader.
- April 28-30: Men's tennis will host the ASC Championships. The Comets earned the right to host the ASC Men's Tennis Championships for the first time in program history after claiming the league's West Division title. Eight ASC teams will be on campus Thursday (April 28) through Saturday (April 30) to compete for the conference's automatic berth into the NCAA Division III National Tournament.
- May 20: Comet Club Golf Classic, 9 a.m., Firewheel Golf Park. We are looking for foursomes for the department's annual fundraising golf tournament. For information, contact Rob Bogardus at extension 6166.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of April 4: Intakes, consultation and counseling (176), crisis services (23), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (29), couple and group counseling (59), mind-body lab (3), outreach (3).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of April 4: Individual recovery support (4), other contacts (28). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), meditation group (3), Nourish eating disorder support group (1).
- April 20: Neon Night Climb, 7-10 p.m., Activity Center Auxiliary Gym. Orientation and skills check, 5-6:30 p.m. (Participants must complete orientation/skill check before the event.)
- April 20: Fitness will host a booth and ongoing mini-yoga sessions at the Earth Fair, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Mall/Chess Plaza.
- April 21: First Aid, 2-4 p.m., Activity Center, Multipurpose Green Room.
- April 24: CPR/AED for the Workplace, 12-2 p.m. Last session of the semester. Register today.
- April 20: Take Back the Night, with keynote speaker Katie Koestner, 5-7:30 p.m., CN 1.112.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of April 4: Academic dishonesty (14), misconduct (12), alcohol (1).
- April 18: Temoc's 18th Birthday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Plinth.
- April 28: Power Dancer spring tryouts, Faculty/Staff Dining Hall.
- May 3: Late Night Final Exam Breakfast. Volunteers are needed.
- The Student Organization Center is looking for two student coordinators for the 2016-2017 school year. Students should search for job ID 80671 on CometCareers.
- April 18-22: Earth Week (please note some events require preregistration).
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
- April 19: Lunch with a Pro - Building Your Brand and Your Career, 12 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- April 19: Insightful Tips on Answering Behavioral Interview Questions, 2 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- April 20: Internship Information Session, 1 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- April 21: Make Networking Work for You, 2:30 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- April 21: , 5 p.m., Founders Atrium (second floor).
- April 22: Conducting an Effective Job Search, 1 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- Accepting applications for Career Peer Educators for summer/fall 2016.
- Search is ongoing for new director and two career consultants.
New Student Programs
- Search for an administrative assistant I is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
- April 21: Transfer Thirsty Thursday, 5-7 p.m., The Pub.
- April 28: Junior Jubilee, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Student Union Mall.
- May 9-14: Senior Week.
- Volunteers are needed for Senior Send Off on May 9. Contact Tayler Atkins for details.
- Upcoming transfer orientation dates: April 26, May 2, May 17, May 21, June 3, June 7, June 20, Aug. 10, Aug. 16.
Veteran Services Center
- April 29: End of Semester Lunch and Career Roundtable, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Student veterans and their spouses are invited to attend. Registration is required.
- The center is hiring student staff for summer/fall. VA work study requires that student is receiving VA educational benefits during the term of employment. Contact the center for more information.
Finance and Administrative Services
- Seasonal discount tickets are now available for Scarborough Renaissance Festival, Six Flags/Hurricane Harbor and the Dallas Arboretum.
- Tickets are available for the Dallas Chamber Symphony's "Sight of Sound." Show is April 19.
- The updated International Center website has launched with a new look and navigation menu.
Marketing & Student Media
- April 21: Student Media hosts its third annual Year End Concert featuring Empress Of and Sudie, 8 p.m., Art Barn.
Diversity and Community Engagement
- April 23: Hispanic Leadership Banquet, 6-8 p.m., Galaxy Rooms. Must RSVP to attend.
- April 24: Harambee Dinner and Awards, 6-8 p.m., Galaxy Rooms. Must RSVP to attend.
- April 29: Cinco de Mayo Experience, 12-2 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.