- Freshman outfielder Melissa Livermore has been added to the watch list for the NCAA Division III National Softball Player of the Year. Livermore is one of just two freshmen to be included on the 25-player list.
- More than 300 student-athletes and their families recently attended the All-Sports Awards Banquet, where all 13 UT Dallas sports recognized award winners from the 2015-16 academic year.
- May 20: Comet Club Golf Classic, 9 a.m., Firewheel Golf Park. Still looking for foursomes for the department's annual fundraising golf tournament. Contact Rob Bogardus at extension 6166 for details.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of April 18: Intakes, consultation and counseling (189), crisis services (14), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (41), couple and group counseling (48), testing (2), mind-body lab (4), outreach (1).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of April 18: Individual recovery support (3), other contacts (27). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (2), Al-Anon (1), meditation group 3), nourish eating disorder support group (1), COR/group (1), SMART(1).
- May 2: Activity Center and Recreation Center West will be closed from 2-5 p.m. for a special event.
- The Activity Center will have reduced hours for commencement: May 12, open 6 p.m.-1 a.m.; May 13, open 6-10 p.m.; and May 14, open 4-10 p.m.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of April 18: Academic dishonesty (10), misconduct (12), alcohol (8), drugs (1).
- Students needing proof of service hours for attending OSV events may submit a timesheet on OrgSync. Additional information can be found online.
- May 2-31: Hygiene Drive. The OSV is collecting shampoo, toothpaste, lotion, body wash, soap and feminine hygiene items for teen mothers served by Alley's House. Donation bins are located in SSB 3.600, SU first floor and AD second floor lobby. Contact Mackenzie Hunter for details.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- May 9-14: Senior Week.
- Transfer orientation dates: May 2, May 17, May 21, June 3, June 7, June 20, Aug. 10, Aug. 16.
Veteran Services Center
- May 9: Veteran Cord Ceremony, 7 p.m. Contact the center for more information.
- The center is hiring student staff for summer/fall. VA work study requires that student be receiving VA educational benefits during the term of employment. Contact the center for details.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Searches are ongoing for a community development coordinator and a residential life coordinator for UV.
- May 3: RHA Breakfast and Bluebooks, 7:30-10 a.m.
- May 12: Housing spring move-out day.
- The search for an LLC coordinator is ongoing.
- LLC is looking for four student workers for the 2016-17 school year to assist with events. Students should search for job ID 81002 on CometCareers.
- Mary Jane Partain recently received the Staff Diversity Award from the Office of Diversity and Community Engagement.
Marketing & Student Media
- May 9: Final edition of the SA Weekly Update for spring 2016. There will be one issue each in June and July, and regular publication will resume in early August.
- May 2: New issue of AMP on newsstands.
- UTD TV recently released its final newscast of the semester.