Vice President for Student Affairs
- May 11: Memorial service for Misty Hawley, 10-11:30 a.m., McDermott Suite.
- May 18: Student Affairs division meeting, 2 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- The Misty Hawley Memorial Scholarship, which will provide financial support for students majoring in Emerging Media and Communication, is now open.
- Sophomore outfielder Stefanie Polderman has been named Academic All-District by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA), becoming only the fourth softball player to earn the award in the program's 15-year history. Polderman is now eligible for Academic All-America honors by the organization. UT Dallas has had 10 CoSIDA Academic All-Americans since 2002, including two others this academic year, Sam Konstanty (men's soccer) and Michelle Toro (volleyball).
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of April 25: Intakes, consultation and counseling (168), crisis services (17), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (29), couple and group counseling (50), Mind-Body Lab (5), outreach (1).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of April 25: Other contacts (25). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (2), meditation group (3), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), COR/group (1), SMART(1).
- Interviewing candidates for student health insurance coordinator position.
- The Activity Center will have reduced hours for commencement: May 12, open 6 p.m.-1 a.m.; May 13, open 6-10 p.m.; and May 14, open 4-10 p.m. See the website for more details.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of April 25: Academic dishonesty (20), misconduct (5), alcohol (2), drugs (2).
- Freshman orientation organization fair signup is available now through June 1.
- SOC summer hours (May 2-Aug. 22) are 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday.
- About 325 Comets completed more than 170 hours of service during the 5th Annual Earth Week. A list of agency partners, schedule and impact details are online.
- May 2-31: Hygiene item drive. The OSV is collecting shampoo, toothpaste, lotion, body wash, soap and feminine hygiene items for teen mothers served by Alley's House. Donation bins are located in SSB 3.600, the SU first floor and the AD second floor lobby. Contact Mackenzie Hunter for details.
- May 25: Hearts on Health,1 p.m., Scottish Rite Hospital. Registration required.
- June 22: Blood Donation Drive, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Drive D. Schedule an appointment online.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
- UT Dallas Outcomes Survey is open. Please encourage any May 2016 graduates to complete the survey and report their post-graduation plans.
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- May 9-14: Senior Week.
- Transfer Orientation dates: May 17, May 21, June 3, June 7, June 20, Aug. 10, Aug. 16.
Veteran Services Center
- May 9: Veteran Cord Ceremony, 7 p.m.
- The center is hiring student staff for summer/fall. VA work study requires the student be receiving VA educational benefits during the term of employment. Contact the center for details.
Finance and Administrative Services
- UTDollars are now accepted at these off-campus merchants: CVS, 605 W. Campbell Road; Corner Bakery Cafe, 7615 Campbell Road; and Chipotle, 283 W. Campbell Road.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- LLC is looking for four student workers for the 2016-2017 school year to assist with event facilitation. Students should search for job ID 81002 on CometCareers.
- LLC coordinator Capri Mandella has accepted a position at LSU. Her last day at UT Dallas is May 20.
- LLC has filled one coordinator vacancy and is searching for a second. Megan Reder will begin on May 16.
- The search is ongoing for a community development coordinator and Residential Life coordinator for UV.
- May 12: Housing spring move-out day.
- More than 200 students are preparing to study abroad this summer.
- The International Center is sponsoring free airport pick-ups from DFW to campus for new students beginning at the end of July through early August. Any student is welcome. Details are online.
International Student Services
- The international student annual survey is now open. Please encourage any international students to complete the questionnaire.
Leadership, Risk/Safety, Partnerships
- A QEP topic titled "Curricular Globalization" is up for consideration. Those interested in partnering on the proposal should contact Cristen Casey.
- New and continuing students are beginning to inquire about off-campus housing, transportation and safety. If your area is involved in these discussions, contact Cristen Casey for possible collaboration.
Marketing & Student Media
- May 23: The Mercury's orientation issue hits newsstands.