Oct. 31, 2016
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Nov. 1: Lindsy Creamer, a senior finance major, will be featured on Wheel of Fortune's College Week. Her episode airs at 6:30 p.m. on CBS 11. Tune in to see her represent UT Dallas!
- The volleyball team moved up to No. 4 in the latest AVCA/NCAA D-III Top 25 this week, recording the highest-ever national ranking for any UTD athletics team.
- Nov. 1: Women's soccer vs. Concordia Texas, 5 p.m., Soccer Field. The Comets open the ASC Tournament with a home game in the quarterfinals. With a win, UTD would advance to the league's Final Four in Abilene over the weekend.
- Nov. 3-5: Volleyball at ASC Tournament, Belton. The Comets will be looking for their second straight ASC title this weekend.
- Nov. 5: Men's soccer vs. TBD, 11 a.m., Soccer Field. The Comets are hosting the ASC Tournament for the second time in three seasons and will open play in the semifinals after receiving a first-round bye. With a win Saturday, the Comets would advance to the championship game at 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Live coverage for all ASC tournaments can be found on the athletics website.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Oct. 17: Academic dishonesty (13), misconduct (5).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Nov 2: Body image workshop: yoga, 4-6 p.m., RCW Dance Studio.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Oct. 17: Intakes, consultation and counseling (177), crisis services (9), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (30), group and couples (47), testing (1), mind/body lab (1) outreach (5).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Oct. 17: Individual recovery support (1), other contacts (28). Group meetings: Nourish eating disorder support group (1), COR/group (1), SMART (1).
- Nov. 2: Free dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
- Nov. 2: Body image workshop, 4 p.m., RCW.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Nov. 1-4: MGC week.
- Nov. 18: Order of Omega initiation, 6 p.m., FSL Ritual Room.
- Nov. 1: Leadership: Enabling Others to Act, 12 p.m., Libra Room.
- Nov. 9-12: Homecoming.
- Nov. 8: Political Party, a night of issues, education and electoral votes, 7 p.m.-midnight, Galaxy Rooms.
- Oct. 31: Sarai Osorto joins the Office of Student Volunteerism as an administrative assistant.
- Nov. 1: OSV Student leader applications due. Students may view job posting 80844 on CometCareers. Email or pick up an application in the OSV office, SSB 3.600.
- Nov. 4: Texas Arbor Day Tree Planting, 8:30-11 a.m. Registration required.
- Nov. 7: Alternative Spring Break Info Session, 2-3 p.m., Galaxy Room B.
- Now accepting applications for 2017 Alternative Spring Break responsible university officials (staff) and site leaders (students). Contact Monalisa Amidar at extension 6393 or email for more information.
- Search for a program coordinator is ongoing.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- Transfer orientation dates for students entering in spring 2017: Nov. 4, Nov. 19 and Dec. 9.
Veteran Services Center
Finance and Administrative Services
- Amanda Saucedo is the new business manager, effective Nov. 1.
- The FLSA review is almost complete. Employees will be notified if their status changes (exempt/nonexempt) by their manager no later than Nov. 15.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Oct. 31: ATEC LLC: Halloween Party, 3 p.m., ATC lobby.
- Nov. 1: Engineering LLC: EPICS Info Session, 6-7 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- Nov. 3: Pre Health LLC: Gen Chem Exam 3 Study Session, 7-9 p.m., RHW 2.401.
- Nov. 8: All LLC presidential election watch party, 6-10 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
Marketing and Student Media
- Oct. 31: New Mercury on newsstands.
- Nov. 1: New AMP on newsstands.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- Nov. 1: Dia de Muertos (Day of the Dead), 6:45 p.m., Plinth. For additional information contact Bruce August.
- Nov. 2: Native American Heritage celebration, 7 p.m., Galaxy Rooms. For additional information contact Bruce August.
- The Multicultural Center is registering students to attend the Southwestern Black Student Leadership Conference at Texas A&M University. Students may apply online.