Nov. 14, 2016
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Thank you to all who were involved with Homecoming. It was a wonderful week of activities and traditions. It's a great time to be a Comet! Whoosh!
- Nov. 30: Onboarding orientation session for October and November new hires, 1:30 p.m., FSL suite, SU 1.610. Contact Danny Hernandez for more information.
- Nov. 15: Men's basketball vs. Trinity, 5 p.m., Activity Center.
- Nov. 15: Women's basketball vs. Austin College, 7 p.m., Activity Center.
- Volleyball advanced to the regional finals of the NCAA D-III National Championship for the first time in school history before falling to Southwestern University Sunday afternoon.
- The men's soccer team had its season come to an end Saturday night with a 1-0 loss against Chapman University in the opening round of the NCAA D-III National Championship.
- Men's and women's cross country both recorded their best-ever finish at the NCAA D-III Regional Meet Saturday. The Comet women placed 9th, while the men were 20th.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Oct. 31: Academic dishonesty (6), misconduct (12).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Oct. 31: Intakes, consultation and counseling (160), crisis services (22), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (27), group and couples (47), testing (1), mind/body lab (1), outreach (5).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Oct. 31: Individual recovery support (5), other contacts (21). Group meetings: Nourish eating disorder support group (1), SMART (1).
- Nov. 15: It's On Us event, 2:30 p.m., Comet Cafe.
- Nov. 16: Free HIV testing, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Women's Center.
- Nov. 17: Great American Smokeout, 12-2 p.m., Chess Plaza. Open to students, faculty and staff.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Nov. 15: Expansion presentation by Lambda Theta Phi Latin fraternity, 5 p.m., Ritual Room.
- Dec. 12: Late Night Breakfast, 10 p.m.-midnight, Dining Hall West.
- Fall break hours are: Nov. 21-22, 7 a.m.-midnight; Nov. 23, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Nov. 24-25, closed; Nov. 26, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Nov. 27, 10 a.m.-midnight.
- Now accepting applications for 2017 Alternative Spring Break staff responsible university officials. Contact Monalisa Amidar for details.
- Search for a program coordinator is ongoing.
- Nov. 1-30 Pet Food Drive donation boxes are in the Student Services Building 3.600, AD second floor lobby and the first floor of the Student Union.
- Dec. 1: Alternative Spring Break registration opens,12 p.m.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
Veteran Services Center
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Nov. 16: All LLC - Certificate of Diversity and Inclusion Real Talk, 5:30-7p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP is required.
- Randi Baculi, a PA in RHSW, is the Student Leadership Spotlight for November.
- Nov. 18: PA applications due.
- Nov. 24: Residential Life and ISSO Thanksgiving dinner, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., RHN. All students are welcome to attend if they aren't able to go home for the fall break.
International Student Services
Marketing and Student Media
- Nov. 14: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- Now registering students to attend the Southwestern Black Student Leadership Conference at Texas A&M University. Students may apply online.
- A search is underway for an administrative assistant II.