Nov. 21, 2016
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families! Be safe in your travels and enjoy the time with your loved ones.
- Recognize your favorite area in Student Affairs with a Department of the Month nomination.
- Dec. 3: Basketball vs. Ozarks, 1 & 3 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 7: Basketball vs. Concordia Texas, 5:30 & 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Volleyball's Michelle Toro, a senior, became only the third two-time All-American in university history, earning first team honors by the American Volleyball Coaches Association. Toro was a third team All-American as a junior.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Nov. 7: Academic dishonesty (15), misconduct (5).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Nov. 7: Intakes, consultation and counseling (175), crisis services (13), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (29), group and couples (53), testing (1), outreach (7).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Nov. 7: Individual recovery support (8), other contacts (26). Group meetings: Al-Anon (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), SMART (1), AA (1).
- No Group X classes through Nov. 27 due to fall break.
- RCW closed through Nov. 27 due to fall break.
- Activity Center fall break hours are: Nov. 23, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Nov. 24-25, closed; Nov. 26, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; Nov. 27, 12-10 p.m.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Dec. 1: Founder's Day Celebration, 1 p.m., Ritual Room.
- Dec. 5: Expansion presentation by Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc., 5:30 p.m., Ritual Room. Open presentation by a prospective sorority, for expansion at UT Dallas.
- Nov. 27: Student Regent and Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board applications are due to Student Government. Interested students should contact Briana Lemos.
- Dec. 12: Late Night Final Exam Breakfast, 10 p.m.-12 a.m., Dining Hall West.
- Fall break hours are: Nov. 21-22, 7 a.m.-midnight; Nov. 23, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Nov. 24-25, closed; Nov. 26, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Nov. 27, 10 a.m.-midnight.
- Still accepting applications for 2017 Alternative Spring Break responsible university officials (staff). Contact Monalisa Amidar for information.
- Search for a program coordinator is ongoing.
- Nov. 1-30: Pet food drive donation boxes are in the Student Services Building 3.600, AD second floor lobby and the first floor of the Student Union.
- Dec. 1: Alternative Spring Break registration opens, 12 p.m.
- Dec. 1: OSV info booth, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Comet Cafe.
- Dec. 5: Homework Helpers, 3-5 p.m. Registration required.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- Dec. 7: Road Warriors Commuter Break, 2 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
Student Transition Programs
- Nov. 30: OMGraduation, 2-4 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- Transfer orientation for students entering in spring 2017: Dec. 9.
Leadership, Risk/Safety, Partnerships
- The director of Global Engagement position has been filled. Leticia Zamarripa will be joining the International Center on Jan. 2.
Marketing and Student Media
- The latest UTD TV newscast is available on the station's YouTube channel.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- Gender neutral single-stall restrooms have been updated on the campus map under "campus amenities."
- Registration for the Student Conference on Latino Affairs at Texas A&M University is ongoing. Students may apply online through OrgSync.
- Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.