Aug. 14, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Reminder: Strategic Planning Session, Aug. 14, 9 a.m., SSA 14.244 (directors and above expected to attend).
- Aug. 20: University Convocation, 4 p.m., Activity Center. You are encouraged to attend. To participate in the processional, gather outside the racquetball courts by 3:30 p.m. Staff should dress in business casual attire. Please RSVP.
- There are five executive leadership searches in progress at UT Dallas. Learn more and track progress online.
- Josh Dreher has been named associate athletic director for student wellness/head athletic trainer.
- Men's golf team earned the President's Special Award from the Golf Coaches Association of American after maintaining a team GPA of over 3.50 for the 2016-17 academic year. Rising senior Levi Pettit was singled out as a GCAA All-America Scholar.
- Volleyball claimed the Team Academic Award from the American Volleyball Coaches Association for the third straight season. To be eligible, a school must hold a 3.30 team GPA for the academic year. The team boasted a collective 3.54 GPA for 2016-17.
- Head strength and conditioning coach Jami Clinton was elected to serve on the Certification Commission of the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaching Association. Clinton is one of only eight members on the commission.
- UTD became the first-ever two-time winner of the American Southwest Conference Sports Information Department of the Year, announced late last month.
- Fall and winter sports schedules (soccer, volleyball, cross country, golf, tennis and basketball) are now available online.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of July 31: Academic dishonesty (5).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of July 31: Intakes, consultation and counseling (43), crisis services (7), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (14), group/couple counseling (4).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of July 31: Recovery planning (1), other contacts (34). Group meetings: Wellness Connection (3), Nourish Eating Disorder support group (1), Alcoholics Anonymous (1), Community Service (1), Recovery Foundations (1), outreach (4).
- Aug. 14: International student TB screening clinic, 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m., VCB Atrium.
- Aug. 28: Fall schedule begins.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- The Weeks of Welcome website is launched.
- Three students, Stephanie Michaud, Donovan Bentley and Molly Millsap, received the Collegiate All-American award at NCA and NDA College Camp at SMU.
- Aug. 19-20: SG furniture sale, parking lot between University Village Phases 6 and 7. On Aug. 19: 12-5 p.m., on Aug. 20: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Aug. 24: Leadership Program Information Session, 2-3 p.m., SSA 12.471.
- Aug. 28: Student Leadership Spotlight applications due. This is an opportunity for faculty/staff to recognize any student they feel has gone above and beyond this summer. Nominations can be completed on OrgSync beginning Aug. 14.
- Aug. 28: Introduction to the Student Leadership Challenge Model, 12-1 p.m., SSA 12.471; and 5-6 p.m., SSA 14.244.
- Aug. 31: Introduction to the Student Leadership Challenge Model, 12-1 p.m., SSA 14.244
- Aug. 1-31: School supply collection for children supported by Child Protective Services. Donation boxes located in the OSV Office (SSA 14.431T), the Administration Building near the second floor elevator, Student Union lobby, and the Teacher Development Center (Hoblitzelle Hall 2.900).
- The OSV will be hiring 2-3 student leaders early this fall. The position will be posted via Comet Careers soon.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- The $2 million roofing project in University Village and University Commons is completed.
- Renovations to FSL and Student Health Center suites being finalized.
- Lighting project in the SSA auditorium is completed.
- The drive between SSA and ECS will be under construction throughout the fall semester.
- Aug 16-19: Move in days. The breakdown is as follows: Aug. 16, RHS & RHW. Aug. 17, CCHS, RHW & RHSW. Aug. 18, CCHN, RHN & RHNW. Aug. 19, University Village. If you would like to volunteer, please first check in at the front desk of the University Housing Office in Residence Hall West. Be sure to wear one of your Student Affairs-issued shirts.
Marketing and Student Media
- Aug. 14: Staff photos, 10-11:30 a.m., SSB lobby.
- Guidelines for using the official Temoc illustration and file downloads are online.
- Volunteer sign up is now open for the Welcome Back Block Party, Aug. 20, 9-11 p.m., Northside Apartments.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: