Sept. 5, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Sept. 7: Division meeting, 10:30 a.m., SSA Auditorium.
- On Twitter? Follow Dr. Fitch for his thoughts about events, activities and programs happening at UT Dallas.
- Information for students impacted by Hurricane Harvey is available through the university homepage. Please direct student to the website if you get questions. OSV also is accepting donations through Marketplace and in their office to help those impacted.
- Sept. 8: Women's soccer vs. Concordia University Chicago, 7 p.m., soccer field.
- Sept. 10: Women's soccer vs. Willamette University, 7 p.m., soccer field.
- Sept. 21: Women's soccer vs. Belhaven University, 5 p.m., soccer field.
- Sept. 21: Men's soccer vs. Belhaven University, 7:30 p.m., soccer field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Aug. 21: Academic dishonesty (12), misconduct (1).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Aug. 21: Initial and follow-up evaluations, consultation and counseling (68), crisis services (12), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (12), testing (1), outreach (1).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Aug. 21: Recovery assessment (3), other contacts (47). Group meetings: Wellness connection (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), Alcoholics Anonymous (1), community service (1), SMART (1), Campus Open Recovery (1), yoga (1), Narcotics Anonymous (1), refuge recovery (1), outreach (8).
- Now through Oct. 1: Fall Into Fitness. Win prizes for attending group exercise classes.
- Sept. 7: Alcohol education presentation, 8 p.m., RHSW.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Sept. 5: SOC meeting, 7 p.m., Davidson Auditorium.
- Would you like to be an organization advisor? Sign up via the SOC advisor interest form on OrgSync.
- Sept. 6: Meteor Theater Cinematheque: Get Out, 7-9 p.m., SSA Auditorium. More information available online.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- Sept. 6: Road Warriors' Commuter Appreciation Breakfast, 9 a.m., SU lower level.
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- Fall housing occupancy statistics are in: University Village, 97 percent; University Commons, 94 percent; Canyon Creek Heights North, 85 percent; Canyon Creek Heights South, 87 percent.
- Several new staff have been added, including: Sergio Lopez, building attendant II; Garizaldy Ramos, maintenance worker II; Jaron Nuss, maintenance worker III; Sergey Akopov, HVAC technician III; and Oscar Nieves, assistant director of housing facilities maintenance. In addition, Ashleigh Beckmann accepted the position of assistant director of Housing Operations.
- Searches are underway for a Housing Operations coordinator, building attendant II (multiple), and a building attendant foreman.
- Sept. 5: Peer Advising, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., SSB 3.400.
- Sept. 5: General Information Session, 11:30 a.m., SSB 3.107A.
- Sept. 6: International Studies Abroad Info Booth, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., Plinth.
- Sept. 7: Information Booth, 2:30-4:30 p.m., SU Upper Level.
- Sept. 8: Peer Advising, 1-4 p.m., SSB 3.400.
Marketing and Student Media
- Sept. 5: New issues of The Mercury and AMP on newsstands.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: