Sept. 18, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families, friends and colleagues impacted by the violence in Plano. This senseless act has touched so many within our community. If you haven't already, please read Dr. Benson's statement about the tragedy.
- Team Green (last names A-K), led by Matt Grief is winning 10-0 against Team Orange (last names L-Z), led by Dr. Amanda Smith. Accumulate points for your team by attending social events, webinars, submitting nominations for Employee of the Quarter and Department of the Month, and completing service hours.
- Athletics welcomes the following new hires: Josh Dreher, associate athletic director for student wellness/head athletic trainer; Matt Walters, assistant athletic trainer; Matt Lowery, assistant strength and conditioning coach; and Cindy Travis, administrative assistant. Angela Marin has been promoted to associate athletic director for compliance.
- Sept. 21: Women's soccer vs. Belhaven University, 5 p.m., soccer field.
- Sept. 21: Men's soccer vs. Belhaven University, 7:30 p.m., soccer field.
- Sept. 23: Women's soccer vs. Louisiana College, 2 p.m., soccer field.
- Sept. 23: Men's soccer vs. Louisiana College, 4:30 p.m., soccer field.
- Sept. 26: Volleyball vs. Texas-Tyler, 7 p.m., Activity Center.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Sept. 4: Academic dishonesty (4), misconduct (1).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Sept. 26: Time out Tuesday Game Night, 6 p.m., Galaxy Rooms B&C.
- Sept. 27: National Recovery Month Discussion Series "The College Eating Disorder Connection," 7 p.m., SSA 14.270.
- Sept. 29: 13 Reasons Why Not, 12 p.m., Galaxy Room B.
- Sept. 30: National Recovery Month Run for Recovery, 9 a.m., the Plinth.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Sept. 4: Initial/follow-up evaluations and consultation and counseling (95), crisis services (12), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (21), group and couple counseling (19), outreach (4).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Sept. 4: Recovery assessment (3), other contacts (37). Group meetings: Wellness Connection (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), community service (1), SMART (1), campus open recovery (1), yoga (1), Narcotics Anonymous (1), refuge recovery (1), outreach (5).
- Sept. 27: Free dental screening clinic, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room B, SU 2.602.
- Sep. 22: CPR/AED certification course, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Activity Center MPG, $60 members, $80 non-members. Contact Carly Johnston for more information.
- Sept. 23: UREC is hosting an Ace Workshop about Movement Based Exercise. Cost to staff and students is $140. Register or contact Frankie Branham for more information.
- Sept. 20: Free HIV testing, 9 a.m.-3.p.m., SSB 4.5.
- Sept. 20: Healthy Comet Eats, 12-2 p.m., Galaxy Rooms A&B.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Sept. 18-22: National Hazing Prevention Week.
- Now-Sept. 22: Nominations for homecoming royalty. Students may submit nominations online.
- Sept. 25: Student Leadership Advisory Board applications due.
- Sept. 25: Nominations for Student Leaders Spotlight due.
- Sept. 20: Think Fast Game Show, 7 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- Sept. 21: Lift Off Music Series concert featuring Medicine Man Revival, 7 p.m., the Plinth.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
Finance and Administrative Services
- Discounted State Fair tickets will be sold online this year.
- Stephen Smith is the new assistant Residential Life coordinator for community development.
- Sept. 20: Cost is Correct, 7 p.m., Residence Hall Southwest.
International Student Services
Marketing and Student Media
- Sept. 18: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.
- UTD TV released its first newscast of the fall semester.
Galerstein Gender Center
- Now-Oct. 15: Hispanic History Month: "LATINX UNIDXS." Click for more information.
- Sept. 21: Bachata Dance Workshop, 6 p.m., second floor Founder's Atrium.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: