Oct. 23, 2017
Awards and Acknowledgements
- Congratulations to assistant women's soccer coach Sterling Mueller and her husband on the birth of their daughter. Baby Piper was born Oct. 17.
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Thank you to those who attended the university's strategic planning open forums.
- American Tap Room at Northside opens Oct. 23.
- Starbucks anticipated opening: mid-November.
- Dec. 8: Strategic plans due for individual program areas within Student Affairs. If you are unsure what this means for your area, please discuss with your supervisor.
- Don't forget to nominate for department of the month and employee of the quarter.
- Oct. 24: Volleyball vs. LeTourneau University, 7 p.m., Activity Center.
- Oct. 26: Women's soccer vs. LeTourneau University, 5 p.m., soccer field.
- Oct. 26: Men's soccer vs. LeTourneau University, 7:30 p.m., soccer field.
- Oct. 28: Women's soccer vs. East Texas Baptist, 5 p.m., soccer field. Senior day.
- Oct. 28: Men's soccer vs. East Texas Baptist, 7:30 p.m., soccer field. Senior day.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Oct. 9: Academic dishonesty (6), misconduct (2).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Oct. 27: Dia de Los Muertos Celebration, 1 p.m., CSR-SSA 14.270.
- Oct. 31: Halloween meditation, 7 a.m., Chess Plaza.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Oct. 9: Initial and follow-up evaluations (34), consultation and counseling (86), crisis services (25), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (28), group and couple counseling (83), testing (3), outreach (10).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Oct. 9: Recovery assessment (1), recovery planning (2), other contacts (61). Group meetings: Wellness connection (1), Alcoholics Anonymous (1), campus open recovery (1), Nourish (1), community service (1), refuge recovery (1), Narcotics Anonymous (1), yoga (1), SMART (1), outreach (4).
- Oct. 25: Free dental clinic, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
- Nov. 4: Bouldering excursion, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Mineral Wells State Park, $35 for Activity Center members. Lunch and transportation provided. Register at the Activity Center control desk.
- Oct. 23: One Love Escalation Workshop, 6-8:30 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Applications for the Global Leadership Retreat are open through today.
- Nominations for this month's Student Leadership Spotlight close Oct. 25.
- Oct. 28: Viva Volunteer annual service event.
- Alternative Spring Break 2018 trips are planned. The OSV is accepting RUO and site leader applications.
- Nov. 2: ASB 2018 info session, 12-1 p.m., SSA 14.471. Registration required.
- Nov. 3: Texas Arbor Day tree planting, 8:30-11:30 a.m., TI Plaza/North Mall.
Student Transition Initiatives
- Oct. 24: Portland Police Bureau info session, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., SU 2.206.
- Oct. 25: Conducting an Effective Job Search, 3-4 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- Oct. 26: Internships: Inside Edition, 12:30-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- Transfer orientation for students entering in spring 2018: Nov. 3, Nov. 17.
- Oct. 27: Trunk or Treat, 6-8 p.m., RHNW. Family and community members are welcome.
Galerstein Gender Center
- Oct. 24: Diversity Dinner Dialogue, 7 p.m., McDermott Library, fourth floor. Registration is open.
- Oct 26: Multiracial workshop, 6 p.m., JSOM 11.305. All attendees must RSVP.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: