Oct. 30, 2017
Awards and Acknowledgements
- Susie Pruitt, coordinator of diversity education in the Multicultural Center, was elected as president of the Young Professionals Employee Resource Group (ERG).
- Monica Williamson, assistant director for student success and outreach in the Multicultural Center, was elected vice president of operations for the Young Professionals ERG.
- D'Andrea Young, coordinator for programs and events in the Multicultural Center, was elected chair of professional development for the Young Professionals ERG.
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Nov. 11: Division-wide Homecoming tailgate, 1-5 p.m., with exclusive use of the Athletics Tailgate Box and Ten50 BBQ for you and your family. RSVP by 5 p.m. today with the number of people in your party. After the tailgate, you're invited to attend the women's basketball at 5 p.m. in the Activity Center.
- The women's cross country team won a second straight American Southwest Conference title over the weekend. Senior Lindsey Rayborn won the individual race for the second consecutive season. Rayborn and sophomore Hollee Ratliff were named first team All-ASC, while senior Samantha Tschirhart was named second team All-ASC.
- The men's cross country team placed second at the ASC championships for the second straight season. Junior John Will was the Comets' top finisher in 14th place and was named second team All-ASC.
- The volleyball team won the East Division of the ASC to earn the right to host the ASC tournament for the third time in the past four seasons and the seventh time in program history. The event will be held at the Activity Center, Nov. 2-4, with the Comets opening play at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday.
- The women's soccer team earned a spot in the ASC tournament for the 16th consecutive season and will host a tournament quarterfinal game on Oct. 31 at 5 p.m. at the soccer field. With a win, the Comets would advance to the ASC Final Four in Abilene.
- The men's soccer team will be heading to the ASC tournament for the eighth straight season and will open play Thursday in the quarterfinals in Belton.
- The women's golf team wrapped up the fall portion of its schedule with a third place finish at the Abilene Intercollegiate last week. UTD is currently ranked No. 25 in NCAA Division III.
- Oct. 30-31: Men's golf at The Classic at Firewheel, Firewheel Golf Course, Garland.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Oct. 16: Academic dishonesty (45), misconduct (18).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Oct. 16: Initial and follow-up evaluations (36), consultation and counseling (92), crisis services (27), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (26), group and couple counseling (102), testing (4), WPATH (1), outreach (2).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Oct. 16: Recovery assessment (2), recovery planning (1), other contacts (50). Group meetings: Wellness connection (1), Alcoholics Anonymous (1), campus open recovery (1), Nourish (1), community service (1), refuge recovery (1), yoga (1), SMART (1), outreach (6).
- Oct. 31: Time out Tuesday pumpkin painting, 6-8 p.m., Plinth.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Purchase your 2018 Temoc calendar in the Student Engagement suite, SU 2.4. Only $10!
- Nov. 6: Tailgate registration closes.
- Nov. 2: Talk Nerdy to Me: The Future and Virtual Reality, 7 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- Nov. 1: Cinematheque: Miss Hokusai, 7 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- Nov.1-30: Pet food drive. Donation boxes located in the OSV office (SSA 14.431T), the SU 1st floor lobby and the AD 2nd-floor lobby near the elevators.
- Nov. 2: ASB 2018 info session, 12-1 p.m., SSA 14.471. Registration required.
- Nov. 8: Carter blood drive, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., RHS loading zone. Appointment encouraged.
- Administrative assistant II position is posted.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- Oct. 30: Road Warriors pumpkin carving, 3 p.m., Plinth.
- Nov. 9: Road Warriors/OSV Upcycle, 2 p.m., SSA 14.471.
Student Transition Programs
- Nov. 20: Transit center (bus terminal) construction begins, south of the VCB. Slated to be finished by Jan. 2. Visit Pardon our Progress for more information.
- January: An extension of the running and bike trail down Waterview Parkway and Synergy Park begins. Scheduled to be complete in May.
- A city sanitary sewer project taking place on Waterview Parkway will impact lane closures through mid-December.
- Oct. 30: RHA haunted house, 7-10 p.m., RHSW.
- Oct. 30: Elijah Farmer is joining the staff as an assistant Residential Life coordinator in Phases 8 and 9 (buildings 61-63, 65-67).
Leadership, Risk/Safety, Partnerships
- Nov. 1: Andre De La Cruz joins the International Center as technology coordinator.
Marketing and Student Media
- Oct. 30: New issues of AMP and The Mercury on newsstands.
- Oct. 31-Nov. 2: UTD TV hosts Comets Got Talent auditions, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Plinth.
- Nov. 1: Dia de Los Muertos Celebration, 7 p.m., Plinth.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: