Nov. 6, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Nov. 11: Student Affairs Homecoming tailgate, 1-5 p.m., Lot J. Join us for BBQ and family fun, then support the women's basketball team as they take on Huston-Tillotson.
- Volunteers needed! The International Center is looking for students, faculty and staff to participate in the Homecoming Parade of Flags at 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 10. Sign up is available online.
- Volleyball won its third straight and fifth overall ASC championship over the weekend, and will be heading to the NCAA D-III national tournament for the sixth time in program history. The NCAA will reveal where they play next at 11:30 a.m. on Monday.
- Women's soccer fell in the ASC semifinals Friday with a 2-1 loss. The Comets may still receive an at-large selection into the NCAA D-III national tournament. Find out Monday at 12 p.m. at ncaa.com.
- Men's soccer had its season come to an end with a 1-0 loss in the semifinals of the ASC tournament on Saturday.
- Nov. 11: Women's basketball vs. Huston-Tillotson, 5 p.m., Activity Center (Homecoming game).
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Oct. 23: Academic dishonesty (34), misconduct (3).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Oct. 23: Initial and follow-up evaluations (30), consultation and counseling (106), crisis services (19), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (31), group and couple counseling (95), testing (5), WPATH (1), outreach (2).
- Center for Student in Recovery services for the week of Oct. 23: Recovery assessment (2), recovery planning (2), other contacts (77). Group meetings: Wellness connection (1), Alcoholics Anonymous (1), campus open recovery (1), Nourish (1), community service (1), refuge recovery (1), NA (1), yoga (1), SMART (1), outreach (4).
- Nov. 6: Homecoming 5K registration closes at 5 p.m. Walk-up registration accepted until 7:20 p.m. on Nov. 8.
- Nov 10: Cardboard Boat Regatta, 6 p.m., Activity Center Natatorium.
- Nov. 9: Cake and condoms, 2 p.m., Plinth.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Nov. 9: Up All Night Float Building, featuring "The Incredibles," 8:30-11:30 p.m., Lot T.
- Nov. 11: HOMEFEST Concert featuring Rob $tone, with headlining act AJR, 7-9 p.m., Lot J.
Student Transition Initiatives
- Nov. 7: International internships info session, 9:30-10:30 a.m., SSB 3.107.
- Nov. 7: Conducting an Effective Job Search, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., SSB3.107.
- Nov. 8: Make LinkedIn Work for You, 3-4 p.m., SSB3.107.
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- Nov. 7: Veterans Tea, 12-1 p.m., SSB 4.300.
- Nov. 9: Veterans Day Luncheon, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., SU 2.602 - Galaxy Rooms A & B. Come-and-go luncheon sponsored by Raytheon for students, staff and faculty veterans. Please RSVP for lunch count.
- Nov. 14: Veterans Lecture, 12 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- Nov. 14: Meet and Greet with Tony Cucolo, 1-2 p.m., SSA 14.250.
- Nov. 14: Veterans Day campus event, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Plinth.
Finance and Administrative Services
Comet Card Office
- The Halal Guys, 746 S. Central Expy., #120, have joined the off-campus merchant program.
- Nov. 15: Native American Heritage Celebration,12 p.m., VCB Atrium.
- Student interest applications are open to attend the Southwestern Black Student Leadership Weekend.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: