Nov. 20, 2017
- Nov. 25: Men's basketball vs. Southwestern University, 3 p.m., Activity Center (home opener).
- Nov. 27: Men's basketball at UT Arlington, 7 p.m.
- Nov. 30: Women's basketball vs. Howard Payne University, 5:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Nov. 30: Men's basketball vs. Howard Payne University, 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 2: Women's basketball vs. Sul Ross State University, 2 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 2: Men's basketball vs. Sul Ross State University, 4 p.m., Activity Center.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Nov. 6: Academic dishonesty (31), misconduct (4).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Nov. 28: "Generation Found" movie screening, 7 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- Nov. 29: PAWS for Finals, 1-4 p.m., Visitor's Center Atrium.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Nov. 6: Initial and follow-up evaluations (32), consultation and counseling (98), crisis services (23), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (24), group and couple counseling (74), testing (1), outreach (7).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Nov. 6: Recovery assessment (1), recovery planning (1), other contacts (71). Group meetings: Wellness connection (1), Alcoholics Anonymous (1), campus open recovery (1), Nourish (1), community service (1), refuge recovery (1), NA (1), yoga (1), SMART (1), outreach (3).
- Nov. 29: Free dental clinic, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
- Flu shots are still available by appointment only. Contact the Student Health Center at 972-883-2747 to schedule an appointment.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Nov. 28: Order of Omega initiation, 6 p.m., Ritual Room.
- Nov. 30: FSL Founder's Day, 1 p.m., Ritual Room.
- Fall break hours for the SU, SSB and SSA: Nov. 20-22: 7 a.m.-midnight, Nov. 23-24: closed, Nov. 25: 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Nov. 26: 10 a.m.-midnight.
- Nov. 28: The Student Union in collaboration with the Multicultural Center are hosting a holiday tree lighting, 12-1 p.m., SSA second level.
- Nov. 28: ASB 2018 info session, 1-2 p.m., SSA 12.471.
- Nov. 29: Garden orientation, 4:15-5 p.m., Community Garden. Pre-registration required.
- Nov. 30: Pet Pals, 1-3:30 p.m., Richardson Animal Shelter. Pre-registration required.
- Dec. 1: Alternative Spring Break registration opens, 12 p.m.
- Dec. 4: Holiday Helpers, 2-4 p.m., Galaxy C.
- Dec. 5: Hearts on Health, 1:15-4 p.m., Scottish Rite Hospital. Pre-registration required.
Student Transition Initiatives
- Search for an administrative assistant II is underway.
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- Dec. 11: Veteran Cord Ceremony, 7 p.m., Student Union Dining Room. Students that served in the military, or are currently serving, receive a red, white, and blue cord to wear during graduation. The MVC will verify military service. Register here.
- Nov. 23: Join Residential Life and the International Center for its annual Thanksgiving lunch, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., RHN.
- Nov. 27: Final PA interest session, 8-9 p.m., RHN Multi-Purpose Room.
Galerstein Gender Center
- Each year, Campus Pride and BestColleges.com choose one university per state to highlight accomplishments for the LGBT+ community. UT Dallas was recognized as "Best in State" for LGBT+ inclusivity in Texas for 2017. The university was also ranked No. 4 for "Best Colleges in Texas."
- Nov. 20: You are invited to visit the Transgender Day of Remembrance Memorial at Spirit Rocks.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: