Dec. 4, 2017
Awards and Acknowledgements
- Congratulations to Mac Siner, who received a Staff Council Care Award for the fall semester.
Vice President for Student Affairs
- At Friday's Holiday Dessert Reception, Dr. Benson announced an extra day off during the holidays (Dec. 21).
- Interviews for dean of the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science have begun.
- Dec. 4: You are encouraged to attend the tuition and fee town hall at 4 p.m. in the TI Auditorium.
- Dec. 6: Student Affairs holiday lunch, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Davidson-Gundy Alumni Center Ballroom. Don't forget to wear your favorite ugly sweater, and bring a new, unwrapped toy suitable for ages 0-12.
- Dec. 8: Departmental strategic plans due. They should be submitted through members of the Student Affairs Leadership Team. Please consult with your immediate supervisor regarding any earlier deadlines to allow time for review and revision.
- Dec. 18: Women's basketball vs. Hardin-Simmons, 5:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 18: Men's basketball vs. Hardin-Simmons, 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 20: Women's basketball vs. McMurry, 5:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 20: Men's basketball vs. McMurry, 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 21: Men's basketball vs. MacMurray, 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
Dean of Students
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Nov. 13: Initial and follow-up evaluations (5), consultation and counseling (14), crisis services (3), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (10), testing (2).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Nov. 13: Recovery assessment (1), recovery planning (1), other contacts (28). Group meetings: wellness connection (1), Alcoholics Anonymous (1), SMART (1).
- Flu shots are still available by appointment only. Contact the Student Health Center at 972-883-2747 to schedule an appointment.
- Dec. 4: Membership and locker renewals open. Locker renewal deadline is Jan. 9, and new lockers are available on Jan. 12.
- Dec. 8: Group exercise classes end.
- Dec. 5: Taste it Tuesday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., SSB 4.5.
- Dec 7: Speed Consulting, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Student Success Center. Stress management tips will be offered during brief consultations.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Volunteers still needed for the Late Night Breakfast on Dec. 11. Shifts are 9-10:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.-12 a.m. Sign up here.
- Dec. 11-14: Stressbusters with SUAAB. Times and locations vary.
- Tayler Atkins is rejoining Student Affairs as an administrative assistant II.
- Registration for Alternative Spring Break is open until all spots are filled.
- Dec 4: Holiday Helpers, 2-4 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
- Dec 5: Hearts on Health, 1:15-4 p.m., Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. Pre-registration required.
Student Transition Initiatives
- Dec 4: Verizon Meet & Greet, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Career Center.
- Dec. 4: International Internships Info Session, 3:30-4:30 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- Dec. 6: Conducting an Effective Job Search, 3-4 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- The search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
New Student Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- Dec. 11: Veteran Cord Ceremony, 7 p.m., Student Union Dining Room. Students who served in the military or are currently serving receive a red, white and blue cord to wear during commencement. The MVC will verify service. Register here.
- University Housing is offering one month rent-free to students currently living off campus who wish to cancel their lease to move on campus. Must move in by Jan. 5. Call 972-883-7430 or email [email protected] for additional information.
Marketing and Student Media
- Dec. 12: Headshots for new staff members, 10-11 a.m., SSB first floor lobby. Contact Jessie Budd with questions.
- Dec. 4: New issues of AMP and The Mercury on newsstands.
Galerstein Gender Center
- Dec. 5: Study break, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., SSB 4.300.
- Congratulations to Monica Williamson, assistant director in the Multicultural Center, who received a spring 2017 Staff Council Care Award.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: