Jan. 17, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Jan. 20: "Auditing and Improving Customer Services on Your Campus" webinar, 2-3:30 p.m., SSA 12.471. Contact Kevin Kwiatkowski for more information.
- Jan. 24: On-boarding for new Student Affairs employees, 10 a.m., FSL suite. Contact Danny Hernandez to reserve your spot.
- Nominations being accepted for Employee of the Quarter and Department of Month. Contact Briana Lemos for more information.
- Congratulations to Angela Marin, assistant athletics director/senior woman administrator, who is the recipient of the Emerging Athletic Administrator Award from the National Association of Division III Athletic Administrators. She receives her award at the NCAA Convention in Nashville on Jan. 21.
- Jan. 19: Basketball vs. East Texas Baptist, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Jan. 21: Basketball vs. Louisiana College, 1 and 3 p.m., Activity Center.
- UT Dallas had 42 student-athletes earn recognition as Academic All-American Southwest Conference for the fall semester. Women's soccer led the group with 13 selections, men's soccer had nine, women's cross country eight, volleyball seven and men's cross country five.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Jan. 2: Academic dishonesty (17).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Jan. 2: Intakes, consultation and counseling (17), crisis services (2), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (14), testing (1), outreach (2).
- Feb. 8: Free dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Slots are limited. Students should call the Student Health Center at 972-883-2747 to schedule an appointment.
- Jan. 17: CIZE, 12:45-1:25 p.m., Activity Center Multipurpose Green Room.
- Jan. 18: Buddy Yoga, 7:30-8:30 p.m., Activity Center Multipurpose Green Room.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Jan. 17: IFC recruitment informational event, "Chapter Rundown," 7-9 p.m., Galaxy Rooms A&B.
- Jan. 19: Founder's Day Celebration, 1 p.m., FSL Ritual Room.
- Jan. 19: MGC/NPHC showcase, 7 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- Save the date: Student Government election filing begins in early February, election scheduled for March.
- Nominations are open for the monthly Student Leadership Spotlight.
- Space is still open for 2017 Alternative Spring Break Responsible University Officials (staff). ASB travel dates are Sunday-Friday, March 12-17. Previous ASB experience preferred but not required. Leadership training and pre-trip resources provided. Contact Monalisa Amidar for information.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- Jan.19: Orientation Leader applications due.
- Jan. 25: Road Warrior Commuter Breakfast, 9 a.m., SU first floor.
Student Transition Programs
Veteran Services Center
- Jan. 22: Hicks Scholarship applications for student veterans due.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Jan. 17: NRHH MLK day service project, 7 p.m., RHSW.
- Jan. 20: All LLC inauguration watch party, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., RHW 2.401.
- Jan. 26: Certificate of Diversity and Inclusion kickoff: 5:30-7 p.m., RHW MPR, RSVP required.
- Jan. 29: Pre-Health LLC general chemistry exam study session, 4-6 p.m., SLC 1.102.
- Dakota McKee is no longer with UT Dallas. The search for a coordinator in RH North is currently underway. The point of contact for RHN is Kaytie Farrell.
- Chavilah Witt is no longer with UT Dallas. The search for a coordinator in Phase 8/9 apartments is underway. The point of contact for Phases 8 and 9 is Leslie Tracy.
Marketing and Student Media
- Jan. 30: New staff photo session, 10 a.m.-noon, SSB lobby. Contact Jessie Budd for more information.
- Jan. 17: On-air programming begins, Radio UTD.
Galerstein Women’s Center