Jan. 23, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Feb. 2: Student Services Addition ribbon cutting and dedication, 10:30 a.m., SSA atrium.
- Jan. 26: Basketball vs. Belhaven, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Feb. 2: Softball vs. Pacific (OR), 2 and 4 p.m., softball field (season opener).
- Feb. 4: Softball vs. Texas Lutheran, 1 and 3 p.m., softball field.
- Feb. 10: Baseball vs. Concordia Texas, 2:30 p.m., Ballpark in Grand Prairie (season opener).
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Jan. 9: Academic dishonesty (10), misconduct (1).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Jan. 9: Intakes, consultation and counseling (32), crisis services (4), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (10), outreach (2).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Jan. 9: Individual recovery support (3), other contacts (10). Group meetings: Nourish eating disorder support group (1), SMART (1).
- Feb. 8: Free dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., slots are limited. Contact the Student Health Center, 972-883-2747, to schedule an appointment.
- Jan. 25: Free buddy yoga workshop, 7:30-8:30 p.m., Activity Center Multipurpose Green Room.
- Jan. 24: Healthy Comet Eats, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Jan. 28: IFC Bid Day, Hoblitzelle Hall steps, 12 p.m.
- Jan. 31: Advisors Dinner, Ritual Room, 7:30-9 p.m.
- Jan. 25: Meteor Theater presents "Arrival," 7 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- Jan. 26: SUAAB presents "The Lucas Brothers Moving Company" comedy show, 7 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- Jan. 26: Transfer Thirsty Thursday, 5-7 p.m., SU 2.306.
- The program coordinator position is posted.
- Transfer orientation dates for students entering in summer/fall: March 17, March 24, April 21, April 28, May 19, June 14, June 21, June 28, August 1, August 4, August 8. Registration will open in February.
Veteran Services Center
- Exchange mobility workshops are mandatory for any student applying for exchange programs. Dates and times are listed on the IC events page.
Marketing and Student Media
- Jan. 23: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.
- Jan. 26: UTD TV premieres its new sitcom "Paz and Chico," 7 p.m., HH 2.402.
- The Multicultural Center is in search of an administrative assistant II.
- Jan. 24: Lunar New Year Celebration, 7 p.m. Visitor Center Atrium.
- Jan. 26: Diversity Dinner Dialogue, 5 p.m., McDermott Library.
- Feb. 1: "Show Fest" Black History Month kickoff, 6 p.m., Visitor Center Atrium.
- Now registering students to attend the Student Conference on Latino Affairs at Texas A&M University. Students may apply online.